5 Apps That Will Change Your Life For The Better

We all do work on our phones, but we should have our phones working for us

395
Unsplash

So I know people always say "just get these apps and your life will change" and it turns out to be a lame listing or apps you already have. I don't want to sell you an app you don't need or make a buck through promotion. These apps have really helped me and I thought "I should share these in case someone is out here not knowing!" I use these apps daily and they make my life experience fairly smooth. So check them out and see if they are worth giving a try. If anything , download them and put them on a separate page of apps that haven't "proven themselves" yet!

1. Ecosia- A web search engine

So If you have read any of my articles, you know I care about the environment and sustainability as it connects to so many facets of life. So the minute I found out about this app I shared it with everyone in my life and now you! Ecosia is a web search engine based in Berlin, Germany, which donates 80% of its surplus income to non-profit conservationist organizations, with a focus on tree planting. You use it like you would google and for every 45 searches (Which isn't a lot when you think of how many random debates we have that need a googled answer) they plant a tree!This is as passive as you can get while still doing something great!

2. TED- The entire video Library of TED Talks

I asked one of my best friends what app they couldn't live without and after naming several student related apps for class she reminded me about the Ted Talk app. Yes we all know what TED talks are and usually watch them on Youtube, but the app allows access to their entire video library. I have a weekly reminder on my phone that asks if I have watched a TED talk because it's an excellent way to learn something new unrelated to my studies or my day to day. They have a 'surprise me' function where you let them know how much time you have and if you want to be inspired by or learn about something. I learn something new every week which was one of my 'resolutions' this year.

3. Stigma- Mood Tracker & Journal

So I use this app at least 3 times a day. I get a notification that says "Hey there! How are you feeling?" Stigma provides a safe way to build your support network, journal what’s on your mind, and keep track of your mood. I am able to look back at weeks and months to say "what made me feel great?" and then replicate that for a better life experience.

4. Shine- Daily Motivation

Shine is a daily message service Monday through Friday with quotes, research-backed articles, actions you can take, and more to help you start your morning off right.They supply tons of gifs and helpful hints. You can get a message through their app or just a text to your phone. Whatever works best, but definitely get that daily motivation!

5. Evernote- An organizer for your personal and professional life

Evernote is an app designed for note taking, organizing, tasks lists, and archiving. You can even use it with your work staff whether you're a member or the boss. Organized teams get more done and find productivity bliss with Evernote. My mom told me about this tool and at first, I found it clunky and not too different from Google Drive/Docs but it is so much more! Get the app to sync on the go, but try the desktop version and you'll notice just how simple researching and compiling information really becomes.

If you give these apps a try I can almost guarantee some aspect of your life is bound to change for the better. Soon enough you'll look like this: