5 Anticipated Punk Tours Of 2017

5 Anticipated Punk Tours Of 2017

Five tours in 2017 that you shouldn't miss.

70
5 Anticipated Punk Tours Of 2017
Aesthetic Magazine

There's a ton of reasons to love the start of a new year. The big reason is that you get to say good riddance to the previous year and start over fresh and make resolutions that you won't keep. A few others are looking forward to all of the new music that will be released and all of the new tours that will happen.

There are already several tours lined up for the year 2017, but which ones are the most anticipated? I've got five of the most anticipated tours of 2017 right here and why you should make an effort to go to them.

1. Circa Survive - On Letting Go 10 Year Anniversary tour

Anniversary tours have been the big thing to do as of late. So many solid albums have been turning 10 and deserve a tour to commemorate such a momentous occasion and Circa Survive is not exempt from that. The band has already had one 10 year tour for their album Juturna, and now it's time to celebrate On Letting Go. If you were anything like me, this album played a big role in your life, so it more than deserves to have its own celebration.

2. The Dillinger Escape Plan

As far as insane live shows go, The Dillinger Escape Plan puts on one of the best. Their vocalist even played an entire show sitting on a couch sipping tea, how crazy is that? In August of 2016 the year the band announced that they would be going on an indefinite hiatus following the release of their album Dissociation. They finished 2016 touring on that album and have a few dates left in the UK for 2017, so if you're wanting to catch the band before their hiatus now is the chance to do so.

3. Warped Rewind at Sea

Bands or tours doing big cruises for fans is becoming a popular thing. A band or bands will gather together their fans for a cruise in the open ocean for few days and honestly who wouldn't want to be stuck on a ship for their favorite band? Currently the most notable of those cruises is the Parahoy Cruise that Paramore puts on, but that may have some competition this year after Warped Tour announced their Warped Rewind At Sea. Warped Tour's cruise will include throwback bands like The Starting Line, Less Than Jake, and Good Charlotte with many others. The cruise is set to take place October 28 through November 1 2017.

4. New Found Glory - 20 Year Anniversary Tour

It seems as though bands come and go almost as quickly as many of us change underwear. You fall in love with a band and then BOOM they're dead. In the midst of all of the 10 year anniversary tours that have been happening, New Found Glory, one of the pioneers of pop punk, is celebrating turning 20. The band have planned a tour across the US where they play two albums a night with many of the stops have more than one night, allowing fans to see them play a few of their albums. This is definitely a milestone celebration that is with seeing!

5. Mayday Parade - A Lesson In Romantics 10-year Anniversary Tour

There's a good chance that many of you reading this experienced and survived the "Great Scene Phase of 2007" so you probably remember a little band called Mayday Parade. And if you don't you obviously didn't experience that phase properly. Many of us still know every word to "Jamie All Over" and cry when we hear "Miserable At Best". That album is a classic of its time and the time has finally come to relive it with the 10 year anniversary tour of A Lesson In Romantics. Skinny jeans and thick eyeliner are not required this time.