41 Songs To Listen To When You're Sad

41 Songs To Listen To When You're Sad

Remember that you're not alone.

68938
41 Songs To Listen To When You're Sad
Katherine Kozal

Tragedies and sadness teach us to be thankful for everything we have. For the things in life we’ve experienced. For the people in our lives. For the people who are no longer in our lives, who have taught us to learn from our mistakes and avoid making the ones that we have seen them make. One thing I’ve learned, though, is that denying what you’re feeling is not healthy.

These songs are for the times when you need a break from the world and want to step back for a moment to take a look at the person you have become to evaluate if you should make changes, or change your attitude. These are for the times you need a good long cry. When you’ve stayed strong for too long. Some are covers, some are original versions.

Here is my playlist of songs to listen to when life is less than great:

1. Fix You - Coldplay

2. Miles Away - Memphis May Fire

3. Beautiful Pain - Eminem, Sia

4. Dark on Fire - Turin Brakes

5. Habits - Tove Lo

6. If It Means a Lot to You - A Day to Remember

7. Goodnight Moon - Go Radio

8. Topics - Nevertheless

9. With Love - Christina Grimmie

10. Honestly - Cartel

11. Fly - Maddie & Tae

12. Remembering Sunday - All Time Low

13. Headlights - Eminem, Nate Ruess

14. Big Girls Cry - Sia

15. Hold On - Good Charlotte

16. Ripped Away - This Wild Life

17. The Other Side - Tonight Alive

18. Miserable at Best - Mayday Parade

19. The Burden - Weeping Willows

20. Oblivion - Bastille

21. Tonight I Wanna Cry - Keith Urban

22. Roads - Portishead

23. Misguided Ghosts - Paramore

24. The Sound of Silence - Disturbed

25. Breathe Me - Sia

26. Alive - Escape The Fate

27. Only Love - PVRIS

28. Therapy - All Time Low

29. Migraine - Twenty One Pilots

30. San Diego - Blink 182

31. Heartache - ONE OK ROCK

32. Drown - Bring Me the Horizon

33. Empire - Jukebox the Ghost

34. Steal Away - Phil Coulter

35. Have You Seen Me Lately? - Counting Crows

36. Like We Used To - A Rocket To The Moon

37. 2 Chord - Sleeping with Sirens

38. Hero - Family of the Year

39. My Heart I Surrender - I Prevail

40. Loose Ends (cover) - This Wild Life

41. Terrible Things - Mayday Parade

You might not have the same music taste as me. You might think some of these songs are lame or uninteresting. But if this playlist helps one person cope with any kind of sadness they’re dealing with, I’ll have succeeded for the week. Remember that you’re never truly alone. Music helps me get through some of the toughest times in my life. I hope this playlist helps you too, or at the very least introduces you to a new artist.