Report this Content
No two dads are the same.
Every dad has their own quirk and they handle situations differently. However, there are many different things that dad's say, "Dad-isms" if you will, that are common among more dad's than just yours.
Here is my top list of "dad-isms" or times where you find your dad really was "that dad":
1. Putting "From dad" at the end of every text, in case you forgot his number.
2. Driving an extra 20 minutes to buy gas that's 5 cents cheaper.
3. Texting with only his index finger.
4. "Hi Hungry I'm Dad!"
5. Lying about his children's age for a discount.
6. Relying on leftovers for dinner when mom isn't home.
7. Asking if the yard is for sale at the yard sale.
8. Going way too hard playing wiffleball with his 8-year-old.
9. Telling his kid to "rub dirt in it" for any injury.
10. Giving himself credit for his kids' good genetics.
11. Then blaming their mothers for any bad genetics.
12. Answering the phone with "yellow?"
13. "Did your jeans come with holes in them?"
14. Cracks up no matter how many times he has told the same joke.
15. Always saying "You have something on your shirt" when in a restaurant.
16. Creating a formal investigation into who touched the thermostat.
17. "Let Dad show you how it's done."
18. Wearing socks, sandals, and khaki shorts.
19. Asking their children if they were "raised in a barn" when they leave a door open.
20. Coaching from the sidelines when he's not the coach.
21. Putting this cellphone in a holster on his belt.
22. Asking for help downloading apps and then never using them.
23. Using Voice to Text in public.
24. Still bringing up what he hated about Obama.
25. Calling his hometown his "old stomping grounds".
26. Getting mad when you suggest to call a plumber because he can do it himself.
27. Asking who you're texting.
28. Announcing for everybody to "stay off the road" when you get your license.
29. Mixing up social media names on purpose such as "bookface" and "snapbook".
30. Putting one leg up on a chair to talk to somebody.
31. Getting caught up in conversation for an hour at the grocery store.
32. Clicking the tongs a couple times before grilling with them.
33. Blaming his grey hair on his kids.
34. Parking the farthest away at any school function so he's the first one out.
35. Saying "No thanks I'm driving" when offered a non-alcoholic drink.
36. Asking if he needs to call the "waambulance"
37. Blaming somebodies poor driving on their out of state license plate.
38. Snapping his fingers when he's on the phone so you stop talking.
39. Responding to "What time is it?" with "Time for you to get a watch."
40. Putting a cold drink on his child's neck asking if it's cold.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.