40 Things That Will Make You Smile

40 Things That Will Make You Smile

So, you've had a bad day...

50675
Pexel

One of the best things you can do in life is smile. It is like eating your favorite dessert - instantly brings you happiness! With recent events, it is safe to say a lot of people are stressed. Not only does it not feel good, but it also isn't good for us. That's why it is important to find the one thing that makes you smile regardless of what is going on around you! Are you having trouble thinking of something? Here are 40 things that will make you smile!

1. Watching the clouds go by

Take a few minutes all to yourself and enjoy the peace and quiet.

2. Playing with a puppy

They're cute, funny and just walking in to the same room as them you will make you smile!

3. Giving someone a hug

Not only are you making yourself feel better, you are helping someone else feel better too!

4. Reading a good book

Whether it is one you're reading for the first time, or one you've read a dozen times before, there is nothing like curling up with a good book.

5. A vase full of flowers

It will brighten up any room and leave you feeling a little happier than when you entered.

6. A great view

It shows you just how big the world is, and teaches you to appreciate all the little things life has to offer.

7. Taking a trip to the beach

The cure for just about everything!

8. Eating ice cream

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.

9. Trying something new

Whether you succeeded or not, at least you gave it a shot.

10. Watching the city lights

They're pretty incredible from a distance.

11. Wearing your favorite outfit

Never underestimate the power of a good outfit on a bad day!

12. Eating chocolate chip cookies

A tall glass of milk and a whole lot of happiness!

13. Exercising

Get up! Get moving!

14. Enjoying the perfect cup of coffee

The best way to start off any day.

15. Watching a funny YouTube video

We're all guilty of it...

16. Talking to your mom

She always knows the right thing to say.

17. Writing a letter to someone

Sure, a text message is easier, but there is nothing like getting a letter in the mail.

18. Playing on the swings

Taking you back to your childhood...

19. Having a dance party

Dance is the best medicine.

20. Jamming to your favorite band

There's nothing better, right?

21. Listening to a killer music playlist

Compile a list of all your favorite songs: the popular ones, the goofy ones, your guilty pleasures, etc.

22. Hanging out with your friends

Is there anything better than this?

23. Surprising a loved one with a little gift

As Ben Carson said, "happiness doesn't result from what we get, but from what we give."

24. A good quote

Find a quote that will always make you smile. Remember to say it when things get tough.

25. Do a cartwheel (or ten).

It takes you back to your childhood - when this was the coolest thing you could possibly do.

26. Walking barefoot on the beach.

There is nothing like feeling the sand beneath your feet.

27. Going for a swim

This just says summer, and summer is happiness.

28. Watching the rain

Grab some hot chocolate, a blanket and get cozy.

29. Saying a prayer

Say it for yourself, for someone else you know, or even someone you don't know. Every prayer is heard.

30. Watching the sunset

One of nature's biggest blessings.

31. Spending time with your family

These are the people who will always be by your side. They make everything better.

32. This little kitten

You can't deny how cute this little guy is.

33. Eating breakfast in bed

Combing two of the best things into one!

34. Watching your favorite movie

Pop some popcorn and put your favorite movie on. It's the perfect way to wind down.

35. Taking a bubble bath

Take a few minutes at the end of the day to relax.

36. Star gazing

Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and trade it for a night under the stars.

37. Night time drives

Roll down the window, blast that killer playlist and enjoy the ride.

38. Go for a hike

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." -Albert Einstein

39. Eating your favorite dessert

Is there anything better?

40. Watching the sunrise.

It's a new day... find something new that makes you smile!

Take a few minutes for yourself each day and remember what makes you smile. Whether it is a person or an animal, your favorite food or your favorite place, it makes you happy. Hold on to that feeling, and spread it everywhere you can. Happiness is contagious!