40 Of The Greatest Children's Shows You May Not Remember

So many amazing memories!

215
http://madeline.wikia.com

Sometimes when I am flipping through channels on a Saturday or Sunday morning, I find myself bored with all of the programming I find. I miss all of the funny, cute, and goofy shows that we used to watch for hours on end when we were younger. Still to this day I wish they would create a channel that had all of these amazing show because let's be honest, the shows of today simply cannot compare to these old goodies. I can guarantee that one of your old favorites is on this list, and you can probably still recite every line from their songs too.

1. "Out of the Box"

One of my absolute favorites right here. I could one hundred percent sing the theme song as well as the farewell song right now if prompted. And I may or may not be singing it right now.

2. "Rolie Polie Olie"

A very unusual show depicting robots, but I remember loving it, and my mom hating it. Perhaps it was the unusual voice that sang the theme song.

3. "KaBlam!"

This show was everything. It contained a number of shorter shows within it, such as "Action League Now!", "Life with Loopy", and "Prometheus and Bob." It was definitely one of my dad's favorites.

4. "Rocko's Modern Life"

If we were to rate these shows based on their level of clever humor, this show would be at the top of the list. Also, how many people can say they watched a show following the life of an Australian wallaby?

5. "The Ren & Stimpy Show"

Probably the show with the most bathroom humor, and it was actually surprisingly sexual and provocative for a kid's cartoon. Also, if you remember Powdered Toast Man, you are my hero.

6. "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters"

As I look back at it now, this show looks absolutely terrifying for a young child. But I remember loving it nonetheless.

7. "Invader Zim"

My brother's favorite show when we were growing up. It was actually a very dark show that criticized a lot of social conventions. If you remember the phrase "adhesive medical strips," you were a true fan.

8. "Rocket Power"

You are lying to yourself if you didn't think these guys were the coolest. This show made me want to become more athletic and to learn how to skateboard.

9. "The Angry Beavers"

Another show riddled with bathroom humor.

10. "Hey Arnold!"

Perhaps one of the first shows to represent kids growing up in the city in a very realistic manner. It also addressed a lot of issues children face growing up, and it was at times a rather dark show.

11. "The Wild Thornberrys"

If this show didn't make you want to watch Animal Planet or go to a zoo, you probably were not much of a fan.

12. "All That"

This was basically "Saturday Night Live" for kids. Incredibly, Kenan Thompson is still doing sketch comedy to this very day.

13. "As Told by Ginger"

I absolutely loved this show, and I think it gave young girls a wonderful and intelligent female figure to look up to and emulate. Ginger embodied self-confidence.

14. "Rugrats"

An adorable show that is truly a fan favorite. I also loved the spin-off in which the babies grew up and went to middle school.

15. "Pinky & The Brain"

Probably not very well-known, but an interesting and humoruous take on the perspective of laboratory mice.

16. "The Powerpuff Girls"

As someone who dressed up as Blossom for Halloween twice as a young girl, I can tell you that this show meant a great deal to me. I also love saying the name Mojo Jojo over and over again.

17. "Stanley"

Who doesn't want a great big book of everything with everything inside?

18. "Lloyd in Space"

An uncommonly known show that was about aliens and humans coexisting in space.

19. "The Proud Family"

Bringing diversity to the forefront of children's entertainment. It was a well-crafted show for sure.

20."Kim Possible"

I'm pretty sure every girl wanted to be Kim. I mean who doesn't want to be a super awesome spy?

21. "Bear in the Big Blue House"

Another show that I can still recite the theme and goodbye song to, and I am not ashamed.

22. "PB&J Otter"

An adorable show that everyone forgets about. There is nothing cuter than a family of otters having adventures.

23. "The Book of Pooh"

A spin-off of the original show "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh," but I loved the graphics of this one;they made it feel more real to me.

24. "Zoboomafoo"

Sadly Jovian, the lemur who played Zoboomafoo, passed away a few years ago, but I still remember watching this show religiously to learn more about animals.

25. "Intro to The Busy World of Richard Scarry"

I watched all of the shows and read all of the books for this series every night. Too bad my mom hated reading them with me.

26. "Little Bear"

I was a huge fan of this one, and I even had a stuffed animal of Little Bear that spoke. I actually recently found Little Bear in my attic, and fortunately he does not speak as randomly as he used to.

27. "Dragon Tales"

This show was so magical, which is probably why I loved it so much.

28. "Lilo and Stitch: The Series"

I'm truly a sucker for any kind of Disney spin-off.

29. "Between the Lions"

I want to take this time to personally thank this show for teaching me the alphabet and basic grammar lessons. These lions made education fun.

30. "Madeline"

My all time favorite show right here. I read all of the books, watched all of the movies, and never missed an episode. If I heard someone utter the words "twelve little girls in two straight lines" right now, I would probably start crying hysterically from pure joy.

31. "Franklin"

To be honest, Franklin was kind of a mamma's boy and kind of wimpy, but he was cute.

32."Sesame Street"

If you do not recognize any of these characters, you were not raised properly.

33. "Gullah Gullah Island"

Quite frankly, that giant frog is terrifying.

34. "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast"

The Ferocious Beast was so adorable, and totally not scary.

35. "Maisy"

This show, originally a book series, was my everything. I actually had a pop-up book with a little doll of Maisy that I played with every night and drove my mother crazy with.

36. "Oswald"

Sometimes I wish I could have a flower and a snowman as friends, and an actual hot dog as a pet too.

37. "Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends"

Another one of my brother's favorites.

38. "Arthur"

This show reigns supreme in terms of the meme game. For a kid's show it was super sassy and would probably be more enjoyable to watch now than when we were younger.

39. "CatDog"

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how these two were supposed to go to the bathroom. Perhaps it's best to try not to think about it.

40. "Doug"

This show was rather realistic in terms of its plots and depictions of growing up. It was one of my mother's favorites.