4 Ways To Understand The Ins And Outs Of Mercari

More money for you so you can enjoy the finer things in life aka guac on your next bowl

5271
Mercari

We go through so many events every year in which we buy things or people give us gifts and let's face it half the time we know we're not going to use half of them. It's like that one time on your birthday when your aunt buys you this really "pretty" sweater and you have to pretend you love it, but deep down instead your cringing and you know its just going to sit in your closet forever. So this summer, I decided to find an easy and fun way to make some quick cash by selling all the unwanted things in my house. I found an app called Mercari, where you can sell used and new items. Mercari changed my life for the better and now I can spend more money on things that are important like my steak bowl with guac from Chipotle and yes I know that's extra because ya girl has more than $12 in her account.

Here are some quick tips about Mercari

ALERT: MERCARI TAKES 10 PERCENT OFF YOUR SELLING PRICE AS THEIR PROFIT!

1. YOU CAN SELL ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!

There is no limit to what you can sell because either it can be used or new. That sweater has been sitting in your closet that still has tags or those uggs that you outgrew is all viable to sell! Before you make a listing you are required to fill out all the little details about your item and this includes a description, pictures of what your item, what company the item is, size( if required), what condition it is in, and the price you want to list it for. It's so easy and it can be done all from your phone in the comfort of any location.

2. Take advantage of shipping costs.

Mercari gives you the option of either letting your buyer pay for shipping or you as a seller pays for shipping. If you decide to let your buyer pay for shipping then the shipping cost that your buyer pays is $4, $6, or $9 and this all depends on the weight of an item. An example is if you're selling a shirt and you list the price at $10 and you select the option for buyer pays for shipping, you buyer would pay 14 dollars for the shirt. However, if you decide to pay for shipping, the shipping costs of $4, $6, $9 will come out of your selling price. So you list the shirt at $10 and you are paying for shipping so you profit from the shirt would be $5.40 ($10-$4(shipping cost)- $1(10 percent of your selling price).

Another cool thing about shipping with Mercari is using USPS boxes to ship your items in included in the shipping costs. This makes it so much easier for you so you do not have to worry about finding boxes to put your items in and you don't have to keep going to the post office to mail. Mercari sends you the shipping label in the email, you pack your item in a USPS box, and just drop it in any blue USPS box.

3. You can buy items too!

You should treat yourself too!! Browsing around and you see a cute shirt that's a little pricey for you, do-nut worry you can always bargain with the seller. Mercari has the cool "offer" feature where you can counteroffer the price that the seller listed. The seller has the option of accepting your counteroffer or declining it. I mean there's no hurt in asking and if your seller accepts then shoutout yourself for getting a W.

4. CASHHHHHHH

The most important thing is you will get paid!!! After you sell an item and your buyer receives it the money will be transferred to your profile and you can transfer this into your checking account! MO MONEY for you and yes it is that simple and fun. I honestly love when someone buys one of my items and I get to package it and drop in the blue box. I just wait 2-3 days and the money magically appears in my profile. It's so satisfying to see that sweater get sold and you actually making a profit.