4 Typical Situations Every Second Semester Senior Faces

Anything and everything from senioritis to moving home with mom and dad.

6
Pexels (Pixabay)

We have arrived at that point in the semester where Spring Break has come and gone and summer is so close and yet so far away. Right now, most college students are preparing to register for their next semester's classes, planning where they are going to live, and dreading having to wake up early to go to their summer job. Then there are college seniors. You know, the ones who are frantically looking for a full-time job or internship after graduation, deciding on what graduate program to attend, and finishing their classes while battling senioritis. Here are 10 things fellow seniors are experiencing and it's okay if you are experiencing them too!

1. Senioritis

Senioritis is when you know you have stuff that needs to get done, but you have no drive to complete the tasks at hand. Every person at some point or another has experienced senioritis. Whether it is your thesis or classes you need to graduate, try not to fall victim to the -itis!

2. Answering the question "what are your plans after graduation?"

Everyone asks every college senior everytime they see them what they are doing after graduation. If you are anything like me, you really aren't a 100% sure yet. This question drives those who don't know crazy and gives them anxiety; while on the other hand, those who do know their plans for after graduation love to answer this question.

3. Finding a place to live.

Ahh.. the dreaded dilemma of whether you choose to return back home and live with your parents after graduation or find an apartment with some roomies! You are facing the challenges of returning to live with rules after living in a college residence hall for four years or continuing to live on your own and have a bigger financial burden.

4. Trying to keep your friend group together for many years to come.

College is the place where we all find our greatest friends. Life after college without them by your side every day is going to be different. But if you're good enough friends, you will find a way to make sure that you stay connected over Happy Hour, Weekend Getaways, FaceTime, or texting!

So for any senior out there facing these situations, brace yourselves - the real world is coming!