The 4 Super Bowl Ads We Could Have Lived Without

The ones that left us thinking, "Wait, what did I just watch?"

21
Google Images

Okay, let's be honest. There were some pretty great Super Bowl commercials this year. I mean, some just really knocked it out of the park.

However, per usual, there were a select few that just totally missed the mark. You know, the ones that leave you thinking, "Wait, what just happened? What am I watching?" So ladies and gentlemen, in order of decreasing weirdness, here are your top 4 weirdest commercials of the 51st Super Bowl,

4. Secret Avocado Cult

Okay, really, out of all the weird commercials here, this one I probably understood the most. Like, I got what they were trying to do. But the second they all start gorging on avocados together in those spooky robes, I just lost it. Like, just show me a puppy and someone eating guac, and I would've totally started craving avocados. That's all it takes, people.

3. Humpty Dumpty's Turbo Tax

This one was actually pretty funny. And it's bound to be a success when you bring childhood nursery rhymes into play. However, I took one look at Humpty Dumpty and thought, "Oh my gosh, who is that giant baseball in that hospital bed?" Like I get that Humpty Dumpty is supposed to be an egg, but it took me the better part of the commercial to figure out why they drew Humpty Dumpty like a massive, fluffy baseball. Plus, that gooey egg yolk that starts to drip out of him? I almost put down my cheese dip for a second.

2. T-Mobile's Attempt at 50 Shades

Oh boy. Where to even begin here? My first thought was, "Okay, where are the children at this party? Are they seeing this?" Like guys, come on. I know that Valentine's Day is coming up and another Fifty Shades film just came out, but it just didn't do it for me.

Not only was it super weird and left me pitying the people at Verizon support centers, but the idea just wasn't executed well. As Pam from the TV show Archer would say, "Inappropes."

1. Bud Lite's Ghost Dog of Beers Past

I honestly couldn't believe I watched the entire thing for this one. I get the whole drink with your friends thing, go bond and make some inside jokes. But a floating dog? He can't even open a beer by himself, why is he teaching me a life lesson about drinking with friends? The only good thing about this commercial was that the dog didn't let him go into his friends' house wearing a fedora.

So, at the end of the day, we knew that some commercials would end up being sub par. But hey, everyone put in some great effort. And to my Top 4 here, don't worry guys. You tried.