4 Stages Of Being Sick In College

4 Stages Of Being Sick In College

It Sucks

100
4 Stages Of Being Sick In College
Unsplash

Being sick is one of the worst things, but being sick in college is even worse. When you’re in the midst of the busy never ending Schedule College provides you with it is inevitable not to get sick. It is even more difficult to be sick away from your home, which has your bed, your mom, and everything else you use to have to make you feel better. When you get sick in college you go through 4 stages till you feel better.

Stage 1: The beginning of the symptoms

You start to feel it inside you, whether it starts with a sneeze, cough, runny nose, you know what is about to come and you panic a little inside. But of course this doesn’t slow you down because you don’t have time to get sick and take care of yourself.

Stage 2: Denial

You cannot get sick so you refuse to let yourself think you are. You immediately take what little precautions you can to ensure you don’t get sick. Which means you are on a constant flow of Emergenc and water, because those are the only things you have to make you feel like you are doing something without actually doing something.

Stage 3: You are sick

There is no more denying it; you can’t avoid it any longer, you are sick. You’re sick and all you want to do is curl in a ball and lay in bed at home. But you cant. You are in college, you cant just go home and avoid all your responsibilities. You have things to do and people to see but how are you suppose to feel better. All the years before you were in college your mom was always there to give you the medicine you need and provide the comfort needed to feel better. Now you are in a stuffy, little dorm room with hundreds of other sick students walking around campus because it seems like when one person is sick, the whole campus is sick. So, you call your mom and she tells you exactly what to get and what to do to make yourself feel better

Stage 4: Feeling better…for the most part

In college you don’t have the time to take a whole week off even if you probably should. You have to do what you can in the short amount of time available to you. You start to feel better so you get back on your schedule and continue down the path all over again. You will probably get sick again because it is impossible to avoid it no matter how hard you try. But you just have to keep pushing forward.

Being sick in college sucks. Try your best to not let the schedule of your busy life takeover. Take care of yourself, your health is more important than anything else on your mind. If you are somewhat close to home and able to escape your busy schedule I highly suggest going home and rejuvenating. Special thanks to my mom for taking good care of me when I was sick over the weekend. Your joy is the best medicine for me, I love you! Also, sorry I got you sick!