4 Reasons Why You Should Have Friends

4 Reasons Why You Should Have Friends

Friendship can be a road full of mutual benefits
171

Most people make friends that are irreplaceable throughout the course of their lives. Although not all friends are able to stay in the picture as long as you might want them to, they are significant and can benefit your life.

1. A friend's influence has an effect on you.

This being said, when maintaining a friendship, make sure that the other person is not influencing you in a negative way. Keep a friend that cares about your well-being, supports you in what you do, and always wants the best for you. The saying "who you surround yourself with is who you become" is evidently true.

2. You can make more friends through other friends.

There's nothing wrong with having more friends in your social circle. These new friends can potentially make a positive impact on your life in one way or another. If you need a favor one day, and your immediate family and friends are busy, you can always call up another friend. If they like you a lot, they more than likely be willing to lend a helping hand. Also, when other friendships end for whatever reason, you can always have other people to talk to in case you need advice.

3. Loneliness can be hard to deal with.

If you ever plan on moving to a new city or town, consider making friends to make the experience easier. If you are not going through a change in your life to make you feel lonely but you just do, know there's always someone who can make you forget about your loneliness. Constantly feelings of loneliness can actually be a burden to your mental health. Venting to a friend can put your mind at ease. Also, if you're going through something your parents would not understand, then a friend is the perfect person to go to. Being with a friend in general can bring so much joy and laughs to help you feel better.

4. You learn how to be a good friend too.

I always feel grateful knowing my friends are always there for me. That is why in return I try help them as much as I can in the ways they help me. It's the best feeling in the world to know you've made someone else happy. If you know your friend is not having a good day, then be there to make them smile and to make their day turn around.