4 Reasons To Save Arts Programs

4 Reasons To Save Arts Programs

We as a nation should keep Art and Music in school

79
4 Reasons To Save Arts Programs

The art and music department funds are always being cut and is given to unimportant stuff like sports. The arts have been around longer than some pig skin ball or girls with shredded plastic in their hands (cheerleaders). Music has been around since the cave man times. You know the ones with clubs who also have drawings on cave walls. Look it up there are many facts to support my claims. Also, there are multiple health benefits that come with these said programs like art, music and theater unlike sports which can physically and mentally hurt children. So these are the main reasons why to keep the arts, but there are much more other reasons out there for why arts program should be kept.

1. Promotes Creativity

In a society like today's, everything is usually black and white. Creative people have always seemed like they are suppressed. Especially when the government and schools keep cutting funding from the music and art. Just imagine the world without music, fashion, art and even theater. You cannot think of such a place because you are used to the world of these things. They all came from someone who had an idea and got creative. We cannot all be business men in today's society.

2. It is fun

F is for friends who.... I am not going to go there. But you see students who are in different art programs at their school. They always seem to be having a blast. The arts bring people together from different backgrounds, religions and so on. It brings out the best in people. So when art and music students are in the same room it is always a party, ask any person why they enjoy making art, their first answer is "because it is fun".

3. Keep kids off of the streets

Troubled kids who are on the streets tend to have nowhere to go. The arts provide a nice and clean environment for those kids. Also, music and art provide a healthy way for them to express their feelings. It is like a better, less awkward form of therapy. So if this was my kid I would allow them to be in the arts program at their school so they do not end up in juvenile detention centers.

4. Learning new and useful skills

Ever wanted to paint like Leonardo Da Vinci? How about play an instrument? Ever wanted to be in a play? With funding for these programs being cut every school year the program is facing inevitable extinction. You cannot gain a new set of skills without someone to teach you, so without the arts, you may never learn how to play and be creative.