4 Mental Techniques To Improve Time Management

It all starts with a choice

170
Bruce Sallan

People that has excellent time management skills/habits get so much more done, feel in control, and seem to be much more satisfied. That is for the reason excellent time management is a source of energy, enthusiasm and positive mental attitude. It becomes a vicious habit cycle. But for that, one must choose to have control, to feel in control. To choose positive thoughts instead of negatives, to choose to be organized and efficient. One must choose how to improve its quality of life through time management and act on it. You must want to choose to be excellent on time management. To have the desire to be as good as you can everyday to a point where people will come to you to ask for guidance on the matter. It all starts with a choice.

There are 4 mental techniques that I would like to share to improve your time management and consequently, your quality of life by using all or some of this techniques to best fit your goals and situations to make the most out of your time and provide more control and freedom.

1. The power of positive thoughts

This technique is very powerful and people often do not realize it or at least do not practice much. By repeating positive affirmations to your own self with enough conviction, emotion and enthusiasm, you start passing that information from the conscious to the subconscious mind as new operating instructions as well as the more you practice this technique, the more the information will be enforced to the subconscious mind. Some examples could be "I use my time well" or "I am great at time management". By repeating these to yourself in a true spirit of belief, acceptance and faith will begin to gradually be absorbed by the subconscious mind until is fully processed by the brain and you will start to live that command much easier. As a result, the external results will reflect on the internal programming that you have been working to improve in which will improve all areas of your life as being able to manage your time more effectively as well as the mindset. You become what you say to yourself.

2. Visualization

This is another technique in which you reprogram your subconscious in a way that you picture/imagine a future you and how you would like to be. You can imagine a future you where you handle problems much easier and with more confidence, where you become much more organized than now as well as being great at managing your time without any issues.

By imagining that, you bring vivid images to your brain and by applying this technique constantly but not forgetting reality, you will soon become what you projected. An example could be where you find a time in your life where you were very busy but still effectively, efficiently, proactively and calmly were able to resolve all tasks and/or issues and picture that moment over and over again.

3. The perfect scenario

Find a quiet time and place to take a moment and visualize yourself going through a very important (fictitious) project or event in which all aspects of it went perfect in a perfect scenario. Visualize everything you would like to happen in a perfect situation during that event or project, all the results you expected or better, what which person would say in a perfect situation and how you proactively and professionally handled the situation.

4. Begin with the end

For last but absolutely not least, this technique involves starting with the end in mind and pretending you are already excellent in time management. Pretend you are an actor and your role is about a very organized, professional and efficient businessman.

By pretending to be a successful business that manages its time very effectively, you start gradually to incorporate that personage and start putting into practice and subconsciously begin to act as if you were truly that personage by transforming the direct, forced actions into true beliefs/thoughts.

And remember, it all starts with a choice. What will you choose?