4 Important Things To Come Out Of The 2018 NBA Playoffs

What NBA fans should take away from this years Playoff race.

62
Rick Osentoski

1. Rookie Class Shows Out

This rookie class has brought an intense amount game to the NBA this season, and these playoffs has really shown what they can really do. Donovan Mitchell, Ben Simmons and Jayson Tatum have really led the charge for rookies. Mitchell led all three in scoring with 24.4 PPG and helped the jazz win a thrilling series against the Thunder in round one. Ben Simmons finally give the NBA what fans were waiting for and helped the 76ers reach the post season for the first time since the 2012 playoffs. Tatum Leads the Celtics in scoring this postseason with 18.0 PPG and helped the C's reach the conference finals for the second straight year. All three were selected to the All-Rookie team and are finalists for Rookie of the Year. Regardless of who wins, there is no doubt that the future of the league looks bright.

2. New Beasts of the East

With Lebrons time in Cleveland seemingly coming to an end, the question now arises, who will take the throne from the Cavaliers? Simple, The Boston Celtics. The Celtics have been making names for themselves all season long. With notable off-season additions of Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving, the new look Celtics will be on the rise for years to come. The scariest aspect of this team is the depth. The Celtics earned the 2nd seed in the east without Hayward, who suffered an ankle injury in the first game of the season. they also made it to the Eastern Conference Finals without stud point guard Kyrie Irving. Who knows what the team will do once the whole lineup is healthy.

3. No coach is safe.

The Toronto Raptors showed us this season that they are ready to come up as a nightmare for every team in the league. Their postseason showed us otherwise... After an embarrassing loss to the Cavs in the Eastern Semi's, Head coach Dwane Casey was relieved of his duties. Casey is undoubtedly the most successful coach in franchise history, leading the Raptors to a franchise record 59 wins, the teams poor performance in the most recent post-season ultimately led to his termination. Casey is also a finalist for coach of the year, no matter who he coaches next season, Casey will be sure to produce.

4. LeBron's Legacy

LeBron James continues to tear up every team in the east. It's his 15th year in the league and James is coming off one of the best seasons of his career. There is no doubt that James is one of the greatest of all, but he isn't satisfied. Will not stop until hes earned the title of Greatest Of All Time. James is looking to win his 4th championship and his 8th straight finals appearance. With an impressive post-season, we've seen James dominate in game 7's improving his record to 4-2 and his clutch side with two game winners at the buzzer. James is still dominant at 33 years old, and he doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon.