For My Little Brother Who Will Be A Senior Next Year, Enjoy It While It Lasts

To my pride and joy, I want you to enjoy everything that high school has to offer.

376

My little brother is the light of my life. He's my best friend through thick and thin. I tell him about all of the drama that goes on in my life and even though he's younger than me, he always tries to give me advice.

Every time that I think about him graduating, it brings tears to my eyes. I mean, that's my baby brother. I remember what I was going through at that age, and high school can be hard. It can either be some of the best or worst years of your life.

I look at him and see everything I wish I could be. He is pure, unselfish, and loves so hard. He has a heart made of pure gold. When I look at him, I see everything I wish the world would be.

As he starts the last chapter in his high school years, I wish him nothing but happiness. I want him to have fun afternoons filled with friends and laughter. Afternoons spent walking to the donut shop down the street after band practice.

I want my brother to fall in love in high school and find someone who he thinks he can't live without. If it ultimately doesn't work out, I want him to grow from his experiences.

I want my brother to grow into the handsome and confident man I know he can be. He has so much potential and I see it in him, even when he doesn't see it yet himself.

If I could tell my brother anything before his last year, I would tell him to live life to the fullest. You only get one senior year of high school and you need to make sure you have no regrets when you leave. Join every club you can. Scream your lungs out at every pep rally. Ask that girl to the dance and see what happens.

I would tell my brother to make sure he goes to homecoming and prom. There are so many things I wish I would have done differently about the dances I went to in my senior year. While I was still in high school, I spent so much time trying to please others that I lost track of who I was and what I wanted. I lost focus.

I pray every night that my little brother never forgets who he is and what he's capable of. I hope that he never loses himself trying to make sure that others are taken care of.

The last thing that I would tell my brother is that he is loved beyond what words can describe. He is a shining star, full of love and light, and there is nothing that I wouldn't do for him.

Rob, this next year is your last year in high school - slow down and take the time to soak in everything you can.

I love you infinitely.

Love,

Your big sister.