Accessories You Didn't Know You Needed

Accessories You Didn't Know You Needed

The secret to a great outfit lies in the accessories you pair with it.

183
Hollywood Unlocked

Whether you're going to Sunday brunch with the girls, walking around campus on a spring day, or even spending the day shopping 'til you drop, putting on a cute outfit can make any day significantly better.

The secret to an even better day lies in the accessories you pair with the outfit. If college has taught me nothing else, it has definitely taught me how to accessorize.

And these are the four things I've learned are essential to take an outfit from a solid 8.5 to a perfect 10.

1. Sunglasses

Sunglasses are the most underrated accessory of all time. No sun? No problem. It's not unusual to find girls, in any type of weather, wearing heart-shaped, studded, or even clear, rimless ones (you know the ones that every girl owns in their school's color and wears to game day tailgates?) At Syracuse we even wear them to frat parties.

2. Hoops

Consider hoop earrings the accessory you didn't you needed. It wasn't until a few months ago that I noticed all of the girls wearing the cutest outfits, that I was, of course, jealous of, also had a pair of hoop earrings on.

So what did I do? I dragged my friends to the mall where we all bought a pair of our own. The best part is you can keep it simple with a pair of round ones or make it fun with star-shaped ones. Or channel your inner Cardi B and wear the biggest ones you can find.

Whatever you decide, there is a pair of hoops for every girl's style and I can guarantee your life will be forever changed once you find the pair for you.

3. Rings

Stack them. Spread them out. Wear one. Wear one for every finger. However you do it, rings are a great addition to any outfit on any day. I swear it makes you want to wave to everyone you see, even the people you usually avoid eye contact with, just to show off your rings.

4. Braids

Wearing my hair straight gets boring and wearing it up sometimes makes me look like a bald man over the age of 50. Keep things fun with a braid or two. French braid pigtails or two Dutch braids for a half up/half down style is exactly what you need to complete the look.

Wear one of these accessories or all four to finish off an outfit that will be sure to make you ready to take on the day ahead.