National siblings day

National Siblings Day

Siblings are forever.

151

My three siblings have been keeping me going. They are some of the best people I got in my life, and each of them are there for me in one way or another. Siblings are awesome and I'm gonna share why mine are pretty snazzy.

THE SISTER

Sisters are pretty cool humans — they are your first best friend and they always will be. My sister and I are 10 months apart, to save you from the "wait what" moment we are step-siblings and we met when we were 4 and 5 years old, so that's why I just drop the "step" and keep the sister. We have been in each others lives pretty much our whole lives so we have been there for each other during the good and the bad.

I would add cute little kid photos of us but she would kill me so recent ones it is! We had a time where it was a little awkward between us due to some family drama on my side so we kind of lost touch. But during high school we got that bond back, and in my opinion we are closer than we have ever been.

We knew that we would always have this connection between us but why not make it official with a sister tattoo. We are going though this crazy part of life together dealing with college and figuring out this thing called dating. When we are together it is like we are reading each others minds, and the inside jokes we have are obnoxious. We get into trouble together but it just makes it better to have a partner in crime to do it with. We even have our own song, so whenever we hear "Perfect" by Ed Shereen everything stops and we jam out to it. How this became our song was late night chilling on the back porch swing, and that night we came to the agreement that during our weddings we will have a sister dance and our husbands are just gonna have to deal with it. Now she just waits for November for when I turn the magical 21 so we can get into more trouble.

THE BROTHERS

I have two younger brothers and they are both monsters. On of them is 14 years old and the other one is almost 4 — and life is just crazy and obnoxious with those two.

THE 14 YEAR OLD

We have had more time to build this relationship and it has had its up and downs like any relationship with a younger brother. We used to have nights were we would stay up super late playing COD while having the music busted up loud so the parents wouldn't hear the us yelling at the TV.

When I have outfit issues and he gets so tired of listening to me complain, he will come in and pick my outfit and 9/10 its the outfit I end up wearing. He is also very protective — If he knows me and my sister are going out he will tell us what time to be home, if the outfit is "appropriate", and he wants to know some of the details about the gut. Which I just find so awesome that he cares about us that much to do something like that.

We go though times where we fight and yell at each other but we get through it by getting to bury him in the sand or faking him falling off a cliff, because that's how we deal with our issues ( or we just make each other food that also works)

don't worry I had a good grip on him and were no where near the ledge.

But no matter how many times we yell at each other I will always love this kid because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been a big sister the past 14 years.

Side note on the 14 year old he acts like he hates his sisters but yet when we go on vacation and we want to take pictures we go to him first to take some pictures of us. He acts like he hates it but we all know he loves it, plus he is pretty good at it!

look at my little bros skills

And he acts like he hates taking pictures but if you get us all down at the ocean around sunset we spend hours taking stupid but fun pictures together.

THE TODDLER

He might be my brother but he is my baby. This kid is so funny and can bring a smile to your face when you are having a bad day. He is also my selfie buddy — if Snapchat has the dog filter its game over we will be taking pictures for hours. He is the reason I go around the house singing "Moana" songs and making other people my age watch it.

This kid will walk into my room at times and ask to take a picture with me.

We have dance parties listening to either "In My Feelings" by Drake which he twerks to (and if you haven't seen a toddler twerk its the best thing ever) or we are jamming out to "Take Me Home Country Roads" and he sings his little heart out.

When we got our selfie game going we like to couple each others faces and it can get pretty great at times.

He is my favorite little human and I love him with all my heart. But he is also some pretty good birth control I will say that.

Even though our age ranges are for some close and for others far we are siblings and we will always be there for each other no matter what we will always be their for each other. And when we are all in the same room together beware we are a bunch of crazy people when we are all together. But that's how it is supposed to be right?