38 Thoughts Of A College Student At The End Of The Semester

"Millions of projects, trillions of finals, and an infinite amount of stress and pressure to finish up the semester strong."

33

The last two weeks before a college student goes home for Christmas break is a little chaotic. Millions of projects, trillions of finals, and an infinite amount of stress and pressure to finish up the semester strong. It's a lot to handle in a short amount of time. These are some thoughts that might go through your head as you study, write, procrastinate and ultimately bring your fall semester to an end; you are not alone and you can do this.

1. Oh my god; so much to do, so little time.

Why do professors assign so much in the last two weeks???

2. When is that due?

This week or next week? Monday or Wednesday? By class time or by midnight?

3. I haven't started yet.

Oops. At least no one in my class has started either!

4. *Emails professor a question about final.*

I want to get this just right; maybe if I email them then they'll know I'm trying really hard.

5. *Professor's response makes life ten times more confusing.*

Maybe they didn't understand thatI was asking for clarification; now I really don't know what they want from me. This should be good.

6. "Don't wait to do this until the night before."

Sometimes these things happen. Let it happen.

7. I need sleep.

Just a little power nap. Maybe two.

8. I'll start that tomorrow.

Story of my life.

9. Okay maybe not tomorrow but soon.

Second story of my life. Hashtag queen of procrastination.

10. There's literally nothing on the internet on my topic.

How am I expected to do research when Google can't even help me???

11. How many pages does it have to be?

You said 2 pages, right? Oh, it's supposed to be 12? My bad.

12.*Listens to Christmas music to stop from crying.*

Rudolf the red-nosed college student, had a very stressful week. And if you haven't noticed, they really never get enough sleep.

13. When am I presenting this?

I thought YOU were going on Wednesday!

14. "The deadline for your paper has been extended."

You are a magnificent human and I greatly appreciate this opportunity to continue procrastinating. I won't let you down.

15. Do I still have to take notes even though there's no more quizzes?

Is that even a question?

16. There's literally no oxygen in my eyeballs.

AHHHHGOOOOODNIGHTTTT.

17. Wow, I really have to stay a whole week for one final?

Um, scuse?

18. "Your final is on the last day of class".

Now we're talkin'.

19. "Your project is your final."

This is the best feeling in the world.

20. Is the semester over yet?

The answer is no. No it is not.

21. The real question is: to study?

See number 20 for the answer to this question.

22. Or to watch Christmas movies?

Bye Buddy, hope you find your dad!

23. Maybe I'll color.

Splashing color on paper is the perfect method of relaxation during final week.

24. Or call my mom.

She always knows what to say.

25. My mom will calm me down.

Really though: "You are enough my girl...strong enough, smart enough, kind enough...and we are proud of you..." Thanks, mommy.

26. Do you think there will be a review before the final?

I sure hope so!

27. How can this annotated bibliography be worth 30% of my grade?

I just don't understand.

28. How come everyone is leaving before me?

Hey, that's not fair!

29. I just want to go home.

See ya later alligator.

30. But I'll miss my friends.

Just kidding, I miss you guys already.

31. I wish Stonehill kept these Christmas lights up all year.

Why is this not a year-round thing? Let's make it a thing.

32. I'm going to fail. Everything.

Accepting my fate one day at a time.

33. I should start planning a career at McDonald's.

No really, acceptance is the first step.

34. I have to be productive this weekend or I'm going to fall really behind. And turn into a hot mess.

My attempt at trying to change my fate. Let's do this. Maybe.

35. No time for a break, let's go.

You can do it.

36. Oh my god, what if I really can't do this?

I said: You can do it.

37. But what if I can?

Exactly: You can do it.

38. Oh my god I did it! See you next semester, college!!!

See, what did I tell you? Can't wait to do this all again in the spring.