37 lessons by the age of 37

37 lessons by the age of 37

The famous psychologist Don Gluskin decided to celebrate her birthday in an extraordinary way. Summing up the years she has lived, she asked herself what her life has taught her in 37 years. The result was the advice that Don Gluskin shares with people:

16
37 lessons by the age of 37

1. Happiness is inside. We spend too much time looking for approval and consolation from the outside. And it always turns out that we are looking for the wrong place. Look inside yourself.
2. Be grateful for everything. For the good, for the bad, for the terrible. Life itself is a priceless gift. And pleasure and pain are part of our journey.
3. Change your perception and your life will change. When you feel fear, anger, resentment, just look at the situation from a different angle.
4. It is impossible to make everyone happy by staying true to yourself. But it's still better to take a risk and be misunderstood than to be loved, but pretend to be someone you're not really.
5. The world around is a mirror. What we love in others is a reflection of what we love in ourselves. What upsets us in others is an indicator of what we need to pay attention to in ourselves.
6. Every person appears in our life with some purpose. And we already decide for ourselves whether to study in the lessons that he teaches us or not. The worse his role in our lives, the more serious the lesson. Keep it in mind.
7. Believe. Just know that in the most difficult times, the universe will turn its back, and everything will be fine.
8. Don't take everything too personally. The actions of other people are a reflection of what is happening in their personal life. And as a rule, it has nothing to do with you.
9. Nature heals. A walk in the fresh air and a view of beautiful landscapes are amazingly able to clear your head of unnecessary thoughts, bring you back to life and cheer you up.
10. Offended people offend people. And still love them. Although no one forbids you to love them from a distance.
11. To heal, you need to feel it. Put your fears and weaknesses right in front of you and point a bright ray of light at them, because the only way to get rid of them is to go through them. It hurts to face the truth. But, I swear, in the long run it's really worth it.
12. Perfectionism is an illusion. The most, I must say, painful. Relax. Strive for perfection, but allow yourself to make mistakes and be happy regardless of the result.
13. Remove the blinders from your eyes. Don't focus solely on your own goals and desires. You risk missing out on the beauty of this life and the people around you. The world is amazing when you walk through it with your eyes wide open.
14. Celebrate your victories. Savor every one, even the smallest success.
15. Be able to forgive. First of all, you need it, not those who have offended you. By forgiving, you gain the peace and freedom you deserve. Goodbye easily and quickly.
16. We all have incredible intuition. If you stop, freeze and listen, you can hear the voice of your inner wisdom. Listen to the quiet whisper of your heart. It knows the way.
17. Let your soul sing! Be real. There is no one on Earth like you. Be sincere, live and breathe deeply, moving towards your goals.
18. We are all creators. Seriously! With proper perseverance, concentration and perseverance, anything is possible. Remember this.
19. I emit light. You emit light. We all emit light. Some cast a shadow on their own brightness. Be a ray of light for others and show them the way
20. Don't take life too seriously! No one will leave alive anyway. Smile. Allow yourself to be stupid. Take advantage of the moment. Have fun.
21. Surround yourself with people who love and support you. And love and support them yourself. Life is too short for anything less.
22. Spin through life in a free dance. If you have a big dream, follow it with all your passion. But gently and at a certain distance, in order to be flexible and mobile enough, adapting to the changing rhythm of life
23. The more you give, the more you get. Share wisdom, love, talent. Share easily. And you will see how much beauty comes back to you in this life.
24. The main thing is not to give yourself away completely. Because if the inner bowl is empty, there will be nothing more to give. It is important to keep a balance.
25. Say «Yes!» to everything that lights up your eyes. Say an irreconcilable «No» to everything that doesn't interest you or that you don't have time for. Time is the most valuable resource that is not renewed. Spend it wisely.
26. Life is a series of ups and downs. To reach our full potential, we need both. Just hold on tight and enjoy the ride.
27. Sometimes we outgrow friendship. It doesn't mean that we or friends are bad. It's just that our paths diverge. Keep them in your heart, but if they start offending you or holding you back, then it's time to set a distance and let go of your friendship.
28. Fear is a very good indicator of what we really want and what we need in this life. Let him be your compass and enjoy the exciting adventures to which he leads you.
29. Overcoming your own fear is the most useful thing you can do for yourself. Thus, you prove to yourself that you can do anything. This is a super confidence generator.
30. Talk as often as possible and show your loved ones how much you love them. It doesn't happen too much. Your time, presence, love and sincere care for them is the best gift.
31. Our body is a transport that takes us to our dream. Love him, treat him carefully and carefully if you want to feel cheerful and energetic. But never get hung up. Appearance is subjective and changes one way or another over time. To feel comfortable and comfortable in your own body is the most important thing.
32. Live in the present. That's the only thing we have right now. Learn from the mistakes of the past and enjoy pleasant memories, but don't cling to them and don't let them haunt you. Dream about the future, but without fanaticism and obsession. Love the present.
33. We are all one big human family. None of us is better or worse than others. It's just that at some stage of life we know what to do. Next time it will be someone else.
34. Be grateful every day for all that you have in life. In this way, you create a space around you for even greater abundance, attracting joy, love, health and prosperity.
35. You are not the center of the universe. Although sometimes your ego makes you think so. Not worth. Look at the world and the people around you, and you will learn a lot of new and wonderful things.
36. The world needs more love, light and laughter.
37. You are your own guru. Most of our lives we are told what to do, how to think, what is good and how to succeed. You should not believe all this unconditionally. Think for yourself. Break the foundations. As soon as you stop doing what is expected of you and start following your own intuition, you will feel ridiculously happy.