36 Signs You're A Messiah College Student

Chapel credit, CCC, ring by spring and all of the other Messiah College quirks you've grown to love.
1433

36 Signs You Go to Messiah College

1) You experience an unshakable urge to leave the door open a foot when you're in any room with the opposite sex, even when you're at home with your family.

2) If you came from public school, you had a moment of shock the first time a professor started class in prayer.

3) There's some less than desirable parts of a Christian school, but you get the last laugh when you have an Easter break and most other schools don't.

4) "Faith integration" is a part of every assignment.

5) At least one person in your class is not wearing shoes right now

6) If you are not a soccer fan, you keep that a closely guarded secret.

7) You experience a moment of panic when you see someone openly drink alcohol, until you realize your mother is not bound by the community covenant, and she can have a glass of wine with dinner.

8) As a female, opening doors for yourself is almost unheard of.

10) By the time you graduate you have taken at least one selfie with President P.

11) You've experienced the "Christian College Walk of Shame." Otherwise known as going to Lottie on Sunday morning in your pajamas all the while avoiding eye contact with the churchgoers dressed in their Sunday best.

12) Your public school friends cannot understand how chapel is a mandatory part of your week.

14) Your laptop, cell phone, wallet and small valuables can be left sitting out without any worry of theft.

15) In fact, there’s a good chance your dorm is unlocked as we speak.

16) You’ve considered dropping a class simply because it’s on the 4th floor.

17) At any given moment, there is a hipster on campus playing the ukulele.

18) You’ve brainstormed multiple times on how to convince your RA a puppy classifies as a “Non-Carnivorous fish”.

21) You’ve been hit or almost hit by at least one Frisbee on your way to class.

22) You understand how “Sitting through chapel and realizing at the end you don’t have your ID” is horror movie material.

23) You are willing to brave the Lottie lines on Open House Days because the salad bar is replaced by towers of cupcakes.

24) You have been thrown in the breeches involuntarily at least once.

25) The closer you get to graduation, the more you realize that ring by spring is an actual thing.

26) When you slack a little bit on chapel attendance, “Next week is the last week for chapel credit” incites an anxiety attack.

27) Even if you no longer have a meal plan you still make a point to have dinner in Lottie on at least 3 occasions a year, Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Dinner, and Easter Dinner.

28) You struggle to understand the finals week traditions. Why are male athletes in only underwear running around with Santa hats, and why are there people outside screaming at midnight?

29) Except the one finals tradition you fully support: late night pancakes in Lottie.

30) You could make a scrapbook with the amount of parking tickets you’ve received from p-safety.

31) You understand the frustration of making plans to hang out in a friend’s room (of the opposite sex) only to realize it's not visiting hours.

32) Roughly 85.4 percent of the student population is from Lancaster County.

33) Trying to drive past Boyer during class change is like playing a game of frogger.

34) When asked by anyone not within a two hour radius of Messiah where you attend school, you’ve learned to immediately say “It’s a small school outside of Harrisburg, PA”

35) You go to church with at least one professor.

36) You realize Messiah College is the only school you’d want to attend, even with its many quirks.