36 Questions 'Gossip Girl' Left Unanswered

I need answers ASAP. XOXO, Gossip Girl

3039

It doesn't matter how much times passes, Gossip Girl will always hold a special place in my heart.

The show made me fall in love with New York City and kick-started my obsession with Blake Lively. The beloved teen show is small screen gold in my eyes, but does have some glaring plot holes. Even when millions of dollars, love triangles, royalty and supermodel looking teenagers are involved, life does not get that out of control. Gossip Girl has not only left a hole in my heart but a ton of questions in my head. Instead of devoting my brain capacity to organic chemistry, it has been filled with theories answering my unlimited amount of questions.

Here are 36 of the most popular unanswered questions Gossip Girl has left us with:

1. How did Bart Bass fake his death and who'in the coffin?

Did he have a dead body double and can he teach me how to do this so I can skip finals?

2. How did every character drop out of college and still manage to be successful and fabulous?

I know they have money but I think you need a degree to be editor-in-chief of a huge magazine (I'm looking at you, Archibald)

3. Where are their fake IDs and how did they get into the NYC bars?

Did the Wall Street stock brokers not notice the two obviously underaged girls dancing on the bar or did they just pretend they were out of high school?

4. What happened to Monkey?

Where is Chuck's beloved, shaggy friend? Is he happy? Did Blair kick him out so she could have Chuck all to herself?

5. Why did no one care that Serena just watched a guy die?

The NJBC (non-judging Breakfast Club) immediately goes into overprotective parent mode and forgets to ask S why she just left Pete there to die?

6. How did Chuck Bass glow up so well?

He went from a shaggy-haired, basketball short wearing jerk to an impeccably dressed, insanely attractive man (who is sometimes still a jerk)

7. Jenny Humphrey’s INSANE transformation?

This never made sense to me. Jenny went from sweet and smiley to doom and gloom almost overnight. Can you have a midlife crisis at 15?

8. How did a 16-year-old Chuck buy a Burlesque club?

There has to be some law or ethical concern preventing this

9. What actually happened to Chuck’s mother?

I still don't understand what happened? Is she alive or not?

10. Why were Dan and Blair ever a thing?

Worst. Relationship. Ever.

11. Can you trade a person for a hotel?

Is this legal? Do Basses have no morals?

12. Where is Dan and Lily’s son?

Dan's half-brother showed up for an episode or two and was never heard from again. Probably couldn't handle the drama that is the Upper East Side

13. Why did Blair marry Louis?

Chuck professed his love to you and you said you loved him back and you STILL went through with the wedding! I get the dowry issue but you're Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf, you could have figured something out.

I 14. Did Blair think an “I Heart NY” shirt was really the only disguise she needed?

You're Manhattan's most famous socialite marrying a prince... also your tiara is showing...

15. How are they all not in jail right now?

The NYPD clearly took a 6-year vacation because every character should be in jail. Lily did call the police on Serena that one time but that's it

16. The whole Ivy/Charlie plotline?

Ridiculous and basically impossible.

17. How did they do so many drugs and still look great?

Serena and Chuck both had drug habits and still looked flawless.

18. Where are the hangovers?

Is it an Upper East Side thing that hangovers don't exist?

19. Why does no one call out Nate for being a womanizer?

Nate had a ridiculous amount of girlfriends, most having questionable stories and backgrounds, and no one even bats an eye

20. Why doesn’t Nate get a girl in the end?

Nate Archibald was the serial dater of the show and didn't get a girl in the end! Even Georgina found love and yet sweet Natey got left in the dust.

21. How did Serena get away with the Sabrina/Vassar/Normal person lie for so long?

Didn't she slip up at some point? Also, why did Steven stay with her after she basically committed identity theft?

22. Where are Dorota’s children if she’s babysitting Blair all day?

Dorota has a family and yet she's perpetually helping Blair with her schemes. Where are your babies, Dorota?

23. Ivy hooking up with Rufus?

Even weirder than Rufus and Lily together while their kids were a thing.

24. Why all the Waffles?

So. Many. Waffles. Where did all the calories go?

25. How was Lily cool with her ex-husband giving her fake cancer?

This may be the most insane plotline of all. HOW WAS THIS OKAY?

26. Why does Lily have so many Ex-husbands?

Where are they? Who were they? I want to know more

27. Where is Milo Humphrey/Sparks?

Dan had a baby with Georgina for a hot minute. I wonder if the little guy is as crazy as his mom?

28. Is Georgina Sparks good or evil?

Whose team is she on? is she good and still love Jesus? Or is she back to her scheming ways with her new partner in crime/love, Jack Bass.

29. Why didn’t Chuck wait at the Empire State Building?

YOU RUINED EVERYTHING.

30. Why did Chuck crush our dreams and sleep with Jenny?

I'm over his self-sabotage routine. Also, has Jenny not learned her lesson about going against Blair Waldorf?

31. Juliet Sharp?

Why were you ever a thing?

32. Why did Dan not get his own paternity test?

The queen of scheme claimed she had your baby. Get your own paternity test.

33. How did Serena marry Dan after all the terrible things he did?

He literally ruined her life for years and then went on to marry him. Makes sense, S.

34. Jenny knowing Dan was Gossip Girl?

He told the world she lost her virginity, had a fake boyfriend, and was dealing drugs but Jenny was totally cool with that!

35. Why didn’t they try to find Gossip Girl?

They tried to meet her once after graduation and then let her continually ruin their lives. You had all the money and resources to find some creep behind a laptop. Do it.

36. HOW IS DAN HUMPHREY GOSSIP GIRL?!

Why do you do this me, Stephanie and Josh, Why?