36 Places To Score A Student Discount

36 Places To Score A Student Discount

Put that Student ID to good use.

143
36 Places To Score A Student Discount
The RU Observer

The end of the semester and the holiday season are without a doubt the greatest time of the year: no school and comfort food. However, it's literally the worst time of year for your wallet. Being in college already makes you broke, but buying gifts for everyone makes you literally bankrupt.

Here are a few discounts to help you save a buck or two on your next shopping spree that will make you regret all your spending a little less:

Remember, even if it is not listed, it is always worth asking if they offer a discount! They might surprise you.

Retail

Ann Taylor: Get 15% off your full-price purchase both in-store and online. Not valid at Factory outlet.

Banana Republic: Save 15% on your full-priced, in-store purchases.

Charlotte Russe: At participating Charlotte Russe locations, students can get 10% off all merchandise.

Goodwill: Even Goodwill will give you 10% off with ID.

H&M: Save 15% off your entire in-store purchase with your Student ID.

J.Crew: The store offers 15% off when you’re shopping in-store. Learn more about the discount on their website.

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores: This store offers 10% off on every purchase, plus coupons.

Kenneth Cole: Take 20% off full-price, in-store purchases with student ID.

Levi’s: Levi’s offers 15% off for students.

The Limited: Receive 15% off every purchase made in-store.

Madewell: Students can get 15% off at Madewell just for sharing their ID.

Technology

Apple: Students and teacher can save 5% off most purchases.

Adobe: Full-time students can receive discounts on software, such as 68% on Creative Cloud.

Dell: Dell offers discounts on laptops, desktops, and more. Visit the website for more information.

Microsoft: Save tons on the Surface, 10% on accessories, and get special pricing on software. Visit the Microsoft Store website for more information.

Spotify: Spotify offers 50% Premium discount.

Books and Magazines

The New York Times: Provide your college e-mail and you can get a student discount rate (which varies by zip code). You’ll also get unlimited access to NYTimes.com, NYTimes apps, and NYT Now with your subscription.

The Wall Street Journal: Pay only $1 per week for 15 weeks for access to the Wall Street Journal.

Insurance

Allstate: Single, full-time students can receive up to 20% off for getting good grades. Visit their website for more information.

Farmers: College students with a 3.0 GPA, on the Dean’s List, on the Honor Roll, or ranked in the top 20% of their class can get a discount on insurance. You'll need to supply your report card!

GEICO: Full-time students can save up to 15% on certain coverages if you have a “B” average. Visit their website for more information.

Nationwide Insurance: Students (between the ages of 16 and 24) who are enrolled in school full-time can receive a discount on insurance. Learn more on their website.

State Farm: If you’re getting good grades, you can save up to 25% (until you turn 25 years old). Learn more on their website.

Travelers: If you’re a full-time student (between 16 and 25 years old), you can receive a discount on your insurance if you have at least a “B” average. Get a quote on their website.

Other

1800Flowers.com: If you need to send a gift, opt for flowers or gift baskets! Get up to 20% off on your orders.

Amazon Student: Students receive 50% off Amazon’s Prime service after a six-month free trial.

FedEx: When you’re shipping a package, you can earn 20% to 30% off by showing your student ID.

Penske: There’s a lot of moving that goes on during college. Penske offers 10% off all truck rentals for students, plus an additional 10% if you book your one-way rental online.

and last but certainly not least... Food

Arby's: 10% off your total Arby's purchase with a valid student ID

Buffalo Wild Wings: 10% off your total Buffalo Wild Wings purchase with a valid student ID

Burger King: Receive 10% off your total Burger King purchase with a valid student ID.

Chick-fil-A: Receive a free drink with each Chick-fil-A purchase when you show your valid student ID.

Chipotle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: That's right, the best restaurant on the planet will give you a free drink with purchase and a valid student ID.

McDonald's: 10% off your total McDonald's purchase with a valid student ID.

Qdoba: Free drink with a Qdoba purchase and a valid student ID.

Waffle House: 10% off your total purchase with a valid student ID.