36 Nicholas Sparks Quotes To Give You the Feels

"We shared the longest ride together, this thing called life, and mine has been filled with joy because of you.”

518
Amazon

I'm a bibliophile. I love reading and some of my favorite books to read in my spare time are Nicholas Sparks books. You can call them sappy and turn your nose up to them because they're not classics but I couldn't care less. I really appreciate the catharsis his books provide and I like letting him set unrealistic ideals of men. So if you feel like getting all up in your ~feels~ then check out 36 of my favorite swoon-worthy Nicholas Sparks quotes!

The Notebook

“You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”

“I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. ”

“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever”

“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..”

“We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that's why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it.”

“You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.”

Dear John

“I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.”

“Love should bring joy, it should grant a person peace, but here and not, it was bringing only pain.”

“Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever.”

“The saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last.”

“It's possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems, and that in time, the grief . . . lessens. It may not go away completely, but after a while it's not so overwhelming.”

“In our time together, you claimed a special place in my heart, one I'll carry with me forever and that no one can ever replace.”

The Last Song

“Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.”

“Emotions come and go and can't be controlled so there's no reason to worry about them. That in the end, people should be judged by their actions since in the end it was actions that defined everyone.”

“Truth only means something when it's hard to admit.”

“Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.”

A Walk to Remember

“Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.”

“There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.”

“It was, I remembered thinking, the most difficult walk anyone ever had to make. In every way, a walk to remember.”

“Find out who you are, and do it on purpose.”

Nights in Rodanthe

“As hard as it was, as terrible and unfair as the way things turned out, i wouldn't have traded the few days I spent with him for anything”

"The greater the love, the greater the tragedy when it's over. Those two elements always go together.”

“Before we met, I was as lost as a person could be and yet you saw something in me that somehow gave me direction again.”

“I love you now for what we've already shared, and I love you now in anticipation of all that's to come.”

“While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.”

The Longest Ride

"As your father used to say, we shared the longest ride together, this thing called life, and mine has been filled with joy because of you.”

“People plan, God laughs.”

“After all, if there is a heaven, we will find each other again, for there is no heaven without you.”

“If we'd never met, I think I would have known my life wasn't complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn't know who I was looking for.”

“Yet experience has taught me that fate is sometimes cruel and that even a boatload of hope is sometimes not enough.”

“Remember me with joy, for this is how I always thought of you. That is what I want, more than anything. I want you to smile when you think of me. And in your smile, I will live forever”

The Lucky One

“In the blink of an eye, something happens by chance - when you least expect it - sets you on a course that you never planned, into a future you never imagined.”

“When a man is that special, you know it sooner than you think possible. You recognize it instinctively, and you're certain that no matter what happens, there will never be another one like him.”

“Being around someone who accepts and supports you will remind you to accept and support yourself.”

“Finding something like that in a war is like finding an angel in hell so I kept it with me”

“You should be kissed everyday, every hour, every minute.”