32 Things I Learned In 2016

32 Things I Learned In 2016

2017, I am ready for you.

10
32 Things I Learned In 2016
Courtney MacDougall

Crazy to think that 2016 is almost over. As I reflect on the past year, I realized I made a lot of mistakes, but that means I learned a lot. Making mistakes is a part of growing up and figuring out who you truly are. Here are 32 things that I learned in 2016.

1. The importance of seeking the Lord first.

2. I am worth more than I give myself credit for.

3. It's okay for friends to grow apart.

4. Being family does not give someone the right to treat you poorly.

5. The quote, "We accept the love we think we deserve" is so true.

6. It's okay to make new friends.

7. It's freeing to forgive someone who isn't sorry.

8. It's okay to try and fail.

9. Rejection is never easy.

10. Sometimes God is going to take you on crazy adventures (like send you to Alaska for two months..)

11. Journaling is good therapy.

12. It's okay to want to be pursued.

13. Love is a choice not a feeling.

14. God is only going to give you as much as you can handle.

15. School is hard, but it is worth it.

16. Take lots of pictures no matter how many people will judge you.

17. The importance of listening to new music.

18. Telling people how you feel is key.

19. When in doubt, open the Bible.

20. Holding a grudge is exhausting.

21. The importance of having people in your life that challenge you spiritually, want the best for you, and love you unconditionally.

22. In the midst of all the craziness, I am so blessed.

23. I have a passion for speaking to young girls about their faith.

24. I am more confident about my major.

25. Things are not always going to have a happy ending.

26. Each new day brings new adventures.

27. The importance of being spontaneous.

28. The importance of being completely surrounded by tall trees in the middle of nowhere.

29. Treat people how you want to be treated.

30. The importance of smiling at every single person you make eye contact with.

31. The importance of doing a devotional each day.

32. The importance of letting go, moving on and growing up.

I am ready for ya 2017.

xoxo-Court