31 Original Halloween Costumes To Get Your Spooky Time On

While witches and ghosts are awesome, you gotta spread your wings. Maybe literally.

10
A woman in dark clothing around a gothic scence, holding a glass up with both hands.
freestocks.org on pexels.com

Halloween is when grown adults can play dress-up and not be judged for it. Here is a list of some original costume ideas to add a little touch of flare to your All Hallow's Eve. Remember to enjoy the holiday safely as you can.

1. Sushi roll

California roll, shrimp tempura, spicy tuna, just don't forget a side of ginger and wasabi!

2. Doodlebob

Mihoy minoy.

3. White Claw

Ain't no laws. . .

4. Veruca Salt

"I want it now!"

5. A Croc

A fashionable, comfortable shoe. Who wouldn't want to be a Croc?

6. A cloud

I actually wish clouds were pillow soft and not a condensed water vapor.

7. Scarlet Witch

Wanda Maximoff is my favorite female superhero so I may be a little biased.

8. A scarecrow

Scary.

9. A flapper

Diamonds are a girl's best friend? Nah, pearls.

10. Dunkin' Donuts

You know who runs on Dunkin'? Me.

11. Scuba Steve from "Big Daddy"

"But I wipe my own ass!"

12. Shark

Baby shark, mommy shark, daddy shark.

13. Jelly Beans

As long as they're not Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.

14. The Mad Hatter

We're all mad here.

15. Modern art

*chef kiss*

16. Frida Kahlo

All about the eyebrows.

17. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Girl power to the max with a flare of horror.

18. "Coraline"-inspired doll

That movie still gives me nightmares.

19. Cruella de Vil

If she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will and that's perfect for Halloween night. Bonus: have others dress as dalmatians.

20. Holy Guacamole!

I'm all about a play on words turned into a costume.

21. A nude Sim

*insert Simlish and excessive waving here*

22. Energizer battery bunny

Bang yo' drum.

23. Peacock

Sometimes, costumes are better as a couple or in a group. The following costume ideas are designated to be one of those times.

24. Alvin and the Chipmunks

It may not yet be time for a Christmas album but sure as heck let the spooky tunes play!

25. Trophies

'Cause you're a winner.

26. Powerpuff Girls

Bubbles is a favorite of mine, personally.

27. Rum and coke

Any drink combination, run with it.

28. Stanley Cup and hockey player

I prefer the Boston Bruins but it's whatever you're into. Switch out for different sports as well.

29. Girls from "Clueless"

Ugh, as if!

30. Power Rangers

Colors/season can vary. Love me some Mighty Morphin', though.

31. Rock, Paper, Scissors

Shoot.

It's never too early to start planning your Halloween costume so get crackin' on that.