30 Quotes for Any Situation Life Throws At You

Sometimes, you need some words of wisdom & encouragement.

3964
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/31/636450651298992228-871407133_564242081_1280x720.jpg

Sometimes, nothing makes sense until you see your feelings perfectly summed up in someone else's words. Sometimes, you need a bit of extra motivation or encouragement on a particularly rough day. Sometimes, you need extra support when you're feeling down, or even when you're feeling joy. Sometimes, you need a reminder that in less than twenty four hours, a new day will begin. This extra nudge can come in many forms, but personally, I have found that quotes from strangers are the best cure to my moods. I find comfort in the fact that someone else has experienced what I am going through and had the ability to express their emotions into a quotation or summary. Below are a list of quotes that I have personally found useful in any situation.

Quotes for Sadness.

1. "Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself." - Walter Anderson

2. "The word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness." - Carl Jung

3. "Crying is cleaning. There's a reason for tears, happiness or sadness." - Dionne Warwick

4. "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity." - Carl Jung

5. "Sadness flies away on the wings of time." - Jean de La Fontaine

Sadness can be one the worst demons to battle and sometimes, it seems as though there is no winning. When I feel as though I am climbing an endless mountain, I do my best with a few outside words of encouragement. Sadness is not a permanent sensation and can easily be combatted with the right attitude.

Quotes for Issues and Struggles.

1. "Some days, 24 hours is too much to put in, so I take the day hour by hour, moment by moment. I break the task, the challenge, the fear into small, bite-size pieces. I can handle a piece of fear, depression, anger, pain, sadness, loneliness, illness. I actually put my hands up to my face, one next to each eye, like blinders on a horse." - Regina Brett

2. "We cannot always control everything that happens to us in this life, but we can control how we respond. Many struggles come as problems and pressures that sometimes cause pain. Others come as temptations, trials and tribulations." - L. Lionel Kendrick

3. "Personal problems appear big because we press our nose to the glass to observe them. This only serves to magnify our troubles. The problems of others we tend to view at a reasonable distance from the window, making their woes and bothers appear ordinary." - Richelle E. Goodrich

4. "Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success." - Bo Bennett

5. "Life is not an easy matter.. You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness." - Leon Trotsky

There are days when it seems as though nothing is going my way. My personal struggles seem to consume my day, therefore clouding my mind and blocking out all positive thoughts. No matter what issues I may be facing, though, I have to sit and remind myself that there is always another day and that these issues will pass after I work at them.

Quotes for Insecurity.

1. "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill'. We will have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it." - Kobe Bryant

2. "Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them." - Stacy London

3. "We can appear to be tough as nails, but guys have a level of insecurity and vulnerability that's exponentially bigger than you think. With the primal urge to be alpha comes extreme heartbreak. The harder we fight, the harder we fail." - John Krasinski

4. "I've made peace with insecurity... because there is no security of any kind." - Dick Van Dyke

5. "An exciting and inspiring future awaits you beyond the noise in your mind, beyond the guilt, doubt, fear, shame, insecurity and heaviness of the past you carry around." - Debbie Ford

Everyone has their own insecurities and ticks. There is no truly, purely confident person out there, despite popular belief. The media is designed to demonstrate apparent perfection, no matter how flawed someone may be. Insecurity is a common feeling, but needs to be countered with positive thoughts.

Quotes for Success and Achievement.

1. "The celebration... you cannot practice it or anything. It's a moment when the excitement of your goal make you react to the moment." - Peter Bondra

2. "Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do." - Pele

3. "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi

4. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness it the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer

5. "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finger spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand." - Woodrow Wilson

We all work so hard in our lives, so it only makes sense that eventually, our efforts will pay off in the form of success and achievement. Be proud of yourself and always remember that it is your hard work that got you to this point.

Quotes for a Good Day.

1. "Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun's shining or not." - Marty Robbins

2. "While you're going through this process of trying to find the satisfaction in your work, pretend you feel satisfied. Tell yourself you had a good day. Walk through the corridors with a smile rather than a scowl. You positive energy will radiate. If you act like you're having fun, you'll find you are having fun." - Jean Chatzky

3. "On a day when you're tired, it's important to just say good morning to everyone so they're kind of aware that it's gonna be a good day. Jamie Lee Curtis told me that." - Lindsay Lohan

4. "I wake up every day and I think, 'I'm breathing! It's a good day!'" - Eve Ensler

5. "Even if I have a good day, I still am aware of other people that are going through really hard, tumultuous things. I don't want to be the person who has platform and neglects the things I see in my life and experiences." - Christian Scott

Life is a pattern of hills and valleys and while there may seem to be more valleys, there are definitely days worth celebrating. Everyone deserves the happiness and joy that come with a day working perfectly. It's great to revel in this sensation, as it doesn't seem as frequent as the stress-filled days that seem to dominate our lives.

Quotes for a Bad Day.

1. "Some days are just bad days, that's all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that's just the way it is!" - Dita Von Tesse

2. "You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger. The bad days make you realize what a good day is. If you never have any bad days, you would never have that sense of accomplishment!" - Aly Raisman

3. "My advice to anybody, including myself, is if you're going through a bad period, and you just can't see the world's on your shoulders and no day is a good day, you're missing the whole point of the experience. And that's something dogs know from the moment they come bounding up to you as a puppy." - W. Bruce Cameron

4. "Everyone has highs and lows that they have to learn from, but every morning I start off with a good head on my shoulders, saying to myself, 'It's going to be a good day!'" - Lindsay Lohan

5. "My mother had a horrific life. At fourteen, she was in the Nazi concentration camps. Her sense about life now is every day above ground is a good day." - Gene Simmons

Life can be tough. Despite only being twenty four hours long, days can seem to last forever, especially in times of stress. Sometimes, you just need a little bit of inspiration, so hopefully, this list helps you find that spark you need to continue throughout your day!