Be Grateful

Be Grateful

Instead of being full on turkey, be full on gratefulness.

2
Be Grateful

Thanksgiving is more than just gathering around the dinner table to eat turkey, before moving to the couch to watch football. It's about home, new land, freedom, and being thankful for all of those things, and much more. Let's be grateful together this thanksgiving!

I'm grateful for...

1. Family

As crazy as they may be sometimes, they will always be our foundation.

2. Life Lessons

Sometimes we don't always get it right, or life throws us a curveball and it teaches us a valuable lesson.

3. Friends

Being able to call someone a friend is something we shouldn't ever take for granted. They help complete us. After all, they are the family we chose for ourselves.

4. Home

Not everyone has somewhere to call home or a bed to sleep in. Coming home at night and crawling in bed should never be taken for granted. Thank you Sandra Bullock and The Blindside for that reminder (and for always making me cry).

5. Prayer

Freedom of Religion. The power of prayer. The healing hands of Jesus. Laying it all down at the foot of the cross.

6. Food

Knowing that there is always something in the pantry or a kitchen to prepare a home cooked meal in, or even this Thanksgiving prepared for us.

7. Work

Yes, it may not be the most fun, ideal, or dream job but earning a paycheck is a necessity but still something we should be grateful to do, in order to provide for ourselves.

8. Clothes

Warm jackets. T-shirts. Jeans. Pants. Shoes.
A washer and dryer for laundry or even quarters for the laundromat.

9. Forgiveness

Offering a second chance, or receiving a second chance. Asking for forgiveness. Knowing you are forgiven.

10. Significant Other

Being in love can be something we take for granted and having someone there. Tell them you are thankful for them today and how much they mean to you.

11. Pictures

Old. New. Memories. Captured to remember year after year.

12. Hometowns

The feeling of nostalgia you feel when you go back to your favorite spots in town, even if you have been many times before.

13. Pets

Coming home to a wiggly, wet nose, and a wagging tail is always something to look forward to when you come through the front door.

14. Future

New beginnings, moving forward with careers, following life's journey, and getting to dream about it all until then.

15. Good Days & Bad Days

Bad days make the good ones even better.

16. Weekends

Friday. Saturday. Sunday.
Sometimes we even get an extra day for a long weekend - cherish them.

17. Traveling

New adventures. New places. Making memories. Exploring new cultures, foods, lives, and worlds.

18. Connections

Staying in touch with distant friends.
Social media platforms when they aren't full of political banter.

19. Giving > Receiving

Being able to receive gifts you didn't expect. Being able to give back means so much more than receiving.

20. Music

Listening to the lyrics, falling in a trance in the tune and sounds.

21. Teachers

Helping you to learn so much over your life, building on each school year, in order to get you where you are today.

22. Reading

The ability to read is something we take for granted. From reading texts, cheesy Instagram captions, and our favorite books. We couldn't survive well without it.

23. Health

Being healthy!
Even if we have our own health issues, we can still be healthy by eating well, participating in regular exercise, and taking care of ourselves.

24. Hobbies

We all have different tastes, visions, things that we love.
Hiking. Crafting. Reading. Sports.

25. Conversations

Deep conversations about biggest dreams and darkest fears. Enjoyable conversation about our loves and favorite things.

26. Laughter

Smiling. Laughing uncontrollably. Giggling. Tickled laughs. Can't seem to catch your breath laughing.

27. Being Cozy

Cuddling up with your favorite blanket, your love, watching a movie, the dog, a good cup of coffee, wearing your favorite sweatpants, or whatever makes you the happiest.

28. Growing

Emotionally. Physically. Mentally.
A year ago, you were a different person.

29. Sleep

It doesn't always come easy, but it is sure nice when it does happen and you get a good 8 hours of shut eye.

30. Everything Else

Traditions. Holidays. Cookies. Shopping. Organization. Painting. Your likes, dislikes, talents, lessons, and life. Be grateful for every moment.

Thanksgiving is upon us, it's been the season of being thankful, appreciative, and realizing how grateful we are. Take that with you into every month, not just November. Go tell someone you are thankful for them today.

Happy Thanksgiving, ya turkeys!