You Have 30 Days To Complete These Challenges

Ready, set, go.

4
Flickr

To be an expert, they say, you must practice that activity for at least one thousand hours. For example, samurais practice techniques with the katana (sword) for a thousand hours; later, they abandon using this weapon for a whole year. Once samurais pick up the kantanas again, the training is complete. Although our routine does not allow us to professionally practice an activity for a thousand hours, there are various alternatives.

Modern society encourages us to utilize the limited amounted of “free” time we might have to endeavor in an activity that promotes overall well-being. To attempt practicing something on a daily basis for thirty days is an idea that enables us to analyze our habits and seek for happiness through enriching experiences. The secret behind creating positive habits comprises of adding it to your daily routine; for that, you need thirty days.

Changing your life is no easy task to do; it encompasses experimenting never thought about activities and incorporating them to your everyday responsibilities. Therefore, the following challenges are only a basis of the numerous habits you can start or quit, during one month.

Challenge 1: Stop using refined sugar.

Important changes will enter you life, according to various experts and many personal testimonies from those who witness the negative effects of refined sugar to their health. Although we all love different delicious, sugar infused treats, this in reality lowers productivity levels and harms your well-being. This challenge is not about completely abandoning refined sugar, but for a month you will notice great differences and see in a different perspective.

Challenge 2: Walk or run for half an hour.

If you are already a jogger, then you can check off this challenge. However, for other people who spend most of their time sitting, going outside for half an hour and full immersing in doing this physical activity will aid in the flow of thoughts. A recommendation would be to walk or run without music, even though it’s a great combination but this can deprive you of being in the zone when thinking. Leave the music aside and find your own voice.

Challenge 3: Take a photo.

The purpose of this challenge is to exercise an ability either social, physical or cognitive. Photography is perfect for this. At first, it might seem easy but as the days pass, angles and moments change, this will trigger your creative side to shine through and skills to develop. A photo per day will result in an album at the end of the month.

Challenge 4: Write a novel.

This challenge is directed towards those who want to increase their creativity and achieve something they have never thought of doing. No need to be a publically acclaimed author with numerous novels already sold. A novel usually consists of 50 thousand words; therefore, you will need to write around one thousand 666 words per day. Throughout the process, you will be able to trace your trends in thoughts, even if it won’t be the next upcoming novel. At the end, you will feel a gratifying feeling of having completed a totally original novel. This will prepare you to celebrate November, as it is National Novel Writing Month.