3 YA Series You Should Read

3 YA Series You Should Read

What's better than multiple books set in the same universe of your favorite book?
22

While stand-alone books are fantastic and immersive, there's something special about following a set of characters through a journey that continues on through several books. When you put down the first book, you want more, and you can have more! It makes the ending of a series much more satisfying. (Hopefully.) Below, I've listed three young adult series with at least three books I recommend reading.

1. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

As someone who has only read the first book in this series, I can't vouch entirely for the whole series. But what I can vouch for is a gripping first book that basically required me to buy the second book. The story follows a group of teens on a quest to discover an ancient treasure. Blue, a girl from a family of psychics, joins a group of boys from the private school on this mission. Each character is so rich that the way the series tells itself through multiple narratives is still intriguing every chapter. Plus, every book in this series is out now, so there's no wait!

2. Renegades by Marissa Meyer

This is a brand new series, the first book being released a couple months ago in 2017. If you don't mind waiting, I recommend picking it up right away. It's about a society toppled by anarchists, and rebuilt by renegades. The reason the world fell to anarchists in the first place is due to the fact that people have superpowers. Still, the heroes that saved the world from the villains are portrayed as the villains for Nova, a girl adopted by the anarchists at a young age. The story is told from Nova and renegade Adrian's point of view, and it is a pretty solid start to what could be a great superhero seires!

3. The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I will always gush about the uniqueness of The Illuminae files. Even if you don't really like sci-fi or young adult fiction, I recommend at least flipping through the book when you see it on the shelf. Even the cover is eye-catching. This story about intergallatic war is told entirely from transcripts and chat logs, requiring a lot of the reader's imagination to put together the information they are given in a way that makes sense. The last book in this series, "Obsidio", is releasing later in 2018, so there's plenty of time to read the first two books in time for its release!