3 Ways To Keep AND Fulfill Your 2020 Healthy-Eating Resolutions

Don't just diet, make it a lifestyle.

46

The most common resolution every year is to eat healthy. It's also the one that gets forgotten by early February. I think the reasoning for this is that we call it "dieting." The word "diet" has taken on some negative connotations in the last decade. It implies that the only goal is to lose weight, to improve our physical appearance. Everyone deserves to feel comfortable in their skin, but most importantly we should make changes for the sake of our future selves. This year I don't plan to diet or participate in fads, but I do plan to make better choices for myself. I owe it to myself and so do you.

Whether you are cutting out carbs or simply eating out less, here are three easy ways to make your "diet" a lifestyle!

Purge your home of all sugary and carb-y foods

cdn.pixabay.com

This one will save your life. I used to casually keep candy in a kitchen drawer and it kept setting me back. Be honest with yourself, don't leave anything processed behind because you will end up in the kitchen at 2 am with Kit-Kat bar all over your face. Buy your favorite fruit for these moments.

Find nutritional recipes on Pinterest

images.pexels.com

I got my first cookbook for Christmas and while I highly recommend it, the easiest way to store my favorite recipes is through Pinterest. The site has so many ideas for low-carb, Paleo, and gluten-free meals and it's easy to look back on in a pinch at the grocery store. And if you are busy, they have awesome ideas for the crockpot too so you can let it simmer all day with barely any work. Pinterest is a time saver and makes eating better possible.

Find someone to hold you accountable

Cafe de Paris, Cooking Class

live.staticflickr.com

I'm lucky enough to have my boyfriend on board with these changes. It is so difficult switching eating habits, so the more people to hold you accountable, the better. If you have a roommate, ask them to go to the grocery store with you and help plan meals. It helps so much to surround yourself with people that have the same goals. Cooking can also be a great way to spend time with people. Food brings us together!