Until recently, most grown-up activities in my life have felt like a trial run. At this ripe age of 22, I've reached a bit of a slump. If you, too, are experiencing your quarter-life crisis I suggest one quick fix that will have you re-evaluating everything you know: having your best friend become a parent.

There was something about being by my best friend's side for 30 hours as she became a mama bear that made me realize three things.

1. I have no idea what my pain threshold is

Have you ever seen a cantaloupe be shoved through a slinky? Because holy shit.

I've seen birthing videos and I've heard horror stories, but this was my first time being up close and personal to the delivery. Even if you think you're prepared for the "gift of creation," it is nothing until you are in the room for the whole process.

From dilation to epidural to baby. Seven pounds and eleven ounces of pure baby. I started my athletic journey with eight-pound weights! Imagine forcing a dumbbell through your pelvis. As someone who has never broken a bone or even sprained an ankle, I say no thanks. It's not for me. Nope.

2. My best friend is a freakin' superhero

Not only did she sacrifice her body to bring a child into this world, which takes an enormous amount of physical strength, but she had such a healthy pregnancy and has seamlessly evolved into a mother, which takes great mental and emotional strength. I can't wait to see what a smart and loving young man she will raise. I am so unbelievably proud of her. If a little sperm ever attaches itself to one of my eggs, I'd be so blessed to have her as my support system.

3. I'm a born aunt; not a mother

Everything in my life became a reflection of the fact that my best friend was bringing a life onto this planet. I began to re-evaluate everything I was currently doing with my life.

I watched my best friend's tummy swell yet hardly gave my own uterus a second thought during those 9 months. Once labor hit, my brain began racing about myself nearly the entire time: Could I do this? What the hell would I do if I HAD to? Is this even what I want in life?

I've always been the friend that swore she'd be the traveling, fun aunt who told drunk stories on Thanksgiving.

I let my last relationship shift that mindset, however. We named our future daughter and everything. This may be adorable but it was, in a way, toxic for me. I was molding the future I had created for myself to match his mold.

My honorary nephew forced through my best friends legs and through this clouded judgment.

If you're anything like me, your answer to the question "do I want to have a child?" may cause you to end a relationship, move onto a friends couch, and begin a fresh new career. More power to you! Hopefully, you don't have to see your best friends placenta to put it all into perspective.