3 New Releases To Add To Your 2021 Reading List

This year has a promising line up of books on the horizon, so here are a few to keep your eye on!

25

There's nothing quite like snuggling up with a good book, especially during quarantine when we're all inside with nowhere else to go but the fictional worlds found within the worn pages of a novel. Books are an escape, but more than that, they're an experience. As someone who's always loved reading for these reasons and many more, I always find myself looking forward to upcoming releases for something new to sink my teeth into. From what I've seen, 2021 has a promising lineup of books on the horizon, so here are a few to keep your eye on!

1. "A Marvellous Light" by Freya Marske

A Marvellous Light (The Last Binding, #1)

www.goodreads.com

This debut novel from writer Freya Marske takes place in Edwardian England and follows Robin Blythe as he stumbles into a magical society unlike anything he's ever known that's been lurking under his nose all along. Alongside the cold and judgmental Edwin, Robin must unravel a mystery that could very well have grim consequences. As someone who loves period pieces with a fantasy twist, I can't wait to explore this new world with Robin throughout his adventure.

2. "Summers Sons" by Lee Mandelo

Summer Sons

www.goodreads.com

Lee Mandelo's up-and-coming Southern gothic tale depicts the aftermath of a broken friendship as protagonist Andrew grapples with his best friend Eddie's apparent suicide. His quest to uncover the truth behind the death reveals a trail of deceit and secrecy that will change him and his perception of Eddie forever. This novel sounds as captivating as it does soul-shattering, and I'm more than ready for the emotional wringer it is sure to put me through.

3. "The Chosen and the Beautiful" by Nghi Vo

The Chosen and the Beautiful

www.goodreads.com

F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby" has been my favorite book for quite some time, so this gorgeous retelling has been a must-read for me from the moment I first caught wind of it. Told from the perspective of a reimagined Jordan Baker, this novel is set to follow her as she takes on a world of magic and intrigue amidst the familiar setting of the Roaring Twenties. I, for one, could not be more excited to see the backdrop of "The Great Gatsby" rebuilt from the ground up from this fresh new perspective.