Admit it. We all need to go for a drive at night and sing along as loudly as we can to a song that perfectly describes how we feel. It's healing, in its own way. It's like a private therapy session. Listening to music helps us express ourselves, and singing along lets us vent our feelings in a powerful way. Long drives are the perfect time to let it all out and feel our feelings as loudly as we want without hurting anyone's ears. Here are a few of my tried-and-true picks for when I need to sing my heart out.
1. "Exless" by Kate Stephenson
So many songs out there are about breakups, but this one is for anyone who has never been in a formal relationship but has still had their heart broken. It's common and it's real. It hurts like crazy. It's the perfect storm of feelings to cry to in the privacy of your car.
2. "Nobody" by Mitski
Honestly, just listen to any Mitski song and you'll have your key in the ignition in seconds to hit the road and jam. This song perfectly encapsulates loneliness and wanting to be wanted. There's no feeling quite like it, and the catchy chorus is easy enough to learn so that you'll be shouting along in no time.
3. "good 4 u" by Olivia Rodrigo
We have a song about never being in a relationship and a song about being lonely. Here's a good ol' fashioned love song to round out the list. I know "drivers license" seems like the obvious choice, but this one is ADDICTING. Olivia Rodrigo's own anger emanating from the song is palpable and makes you feel the same hurt she does. Plus, the chorus is amazing. It's impossible not to sing along!
- 3 Songs That Will Help You Channel The Colorful Mind Of Frank ... ›
- The Best Songs For Driving Around A Small Town ›
- 42 Songs You Need To Add To A Late Night Summer Drive Playlist ›
- 10 Songs That Will Make You Drive Fast ›
- 100 Songs For That Summer Drive ›
- 10 Songs You Need to Have on Your Late Night Drive Playlist ›