3 Reasons Why The Grove is The Best

3 Reasons Why The Grove is The Best

Why We Have The Best Tailgating in the Country

7
3 Reasons Why The Grove is The Best
http://www.thelocalvoice.net/oxford/?p=3315

It’s no surprise that Ole Miss has one of the best tailgating spots in SEC football. When ranking the top tailgate experiences, the Grove has been voted No. 2 the past two years consecutively. Anyone who is a student at Ole Miss, or has had the full Grove experience, would agree. 

The Grove lies in the heart of campus, shaded by trees and covered with green grass. The 10-acre area becomes a parade of red and blue tents on game day where fans crowd to tailgate. Chandeliers hang from the pop-up tents and flat-screen TV’s are set up, fulfilling the lavish reputation the Grove holds to new-comers. Friends, family, children, and other welcoming faces join together and become a Rebel family every home game in The Grove. Catered and homemade food is shared by all, and the common “Hotty Toddy” cheer is hollered out by Rebel fans.

The Grove tailgate experience is like none other for these reasons:

1. Catered and homemade food

The food in The Grove makes game day that much better. Tents have food catered from Abner’s, Chick-fil-a, Firehouse Subs, and more. The Ole Miss Catering Company also caters to The Grove on game day as well. From mini barbeque sandwiches and chips and salsa to desserts of every kind, homemade food in The Grove is some of Oxford's best.

2. Walk of Champions 

The Ole Miss football team marching down the Walk of Champions before each game is a highlight of The Grove experience. Fans gather and line the walk down the middle of The Grove as the football team walks through the tunnel of people. This is something no other SEC college tailgate has that makes Ole Miss unique.

3. “Hotty Toddy” 

The “Hotty Toddy” yell is hollered by rebel fans throughout the day. If at any point, “Are You Ready?” is yelled, be ready to finish the cheer. Since the 1950’s, thousands of Ole Miss fans have gathered together in one of the best tailgating spots in the country, and all the talk of The Grove is definitely all it is cracked up to be. Honestly, The Grove is one place no one can truly understand until you see for yourself. After you experience The Grove, no other SEC college tailgate can compare.

What are your favorite parts about The Grove?