3 Reasons to Watch "This Is Us"

3 Reasons to Watch "This Is Us"

You won't regret it.

12
3 Reasons to Watch "This Is Us"
ScreenLeaks

I don't know if you've heard of the newest NBC show, This Is Us, but if you haven't, you need to watch it ASAP. Even if you don't think it'll be in line with your taste, at least give the show a chance. I truly think this show is an amazing story, and a great representation of family, love, and life in general. Granted, it is a TV show... so it's not that realistic, but it can really evoke some emotions and make you think.

Obviously, you clicked on this link because you're either curious about the show, or you're already a fan. So sit back, relax, and let me explain:

1. "This is real"

This series showcases real situations. It may be JUST a TV show, but it's also so much more than that. Yeah, it's not real life... but it does a pretty good job at representing certain issues and obstacles that you can face in your lifetime. Maybe I'm just very in touch with my emotions, but this show makes me feel like I'm right there with these characters (it also has some amazing actors, in my humble opinion).

2. "This is life"

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F02%2F636162453105321263-550626180_this-is-us-s1ep9-recap-featured.jpg%3Fw%3D620%26h%3D420%26crop%3D1&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=672&h=18bd811796d560056b77947ac0bfa4068a710f30f4de77cf7b2335ccb99ee798&size=980x&c=2287946077 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F12%252F02%252F636162453105321263-550626180_this-is-us-s1ep9-recap-featured.jpg%253Fw%253D620%2526h%253D420%2526crop%253D1%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D672%26h%3D18bd811796d560056b77947ac0bfa4068a710f30f4de77cf7b2335ccb99ee798%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2287946077%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

Similar to what I was saying before, this show is, quite literally, life in a big picture: Obstacles, laughter, triumphs, and everything in between. I may only be 19, but when I watch this show, it makes me feel like I'm an old soul... in a weird way. I feel like I've known these characters for a long time. I feel like I'm going through everything with them. I feel more of an appreciation for what life truly is when you zoom in.

3. "This is love"

Okay, so here comes the big reason for me. The big tell-all from my point of view as to why this show is so amazing. Yes, like any other show or movie there are multiple of the classic "love stories" in this show, too. But that's not what the show is about . It's about US . Yeah, I know, I sound cheesier and cornier than the popcorn in a movie theater right now, but it's so true. This show is about all of us, and how we build, tend to, and mend our relationships. It's friends. It's strangers. It's family (biological, or not). It's boyfriends and girlfriends. It's brothers and sisters. And especially; it's mothers and fathers. This Is Us, shows almost every relationship that a person can have, and they're all wonderful and amazing–but I think what stands out the most (for me, at least) is the relationship between the mother and father, and their kid(s). I've cried happy and sad tears during almost every episode since I started watching this series. Tears because of the plot, but also because of how it makes me think of how great my parents and family truly are. I, like any other person, can sometimes overlook these things in everyday life. But this series brings me back. Helps me pause for a moment, and appreciate what is, and what can be. Call me a sap, but I truly think this show has a power over me that I've never experienced before with any other TV show. So I urge you to give this show a chance, and let it into your heart.