3 Books To Read Over Winter Break

3 Books To Read Over Winter Break

The best time of the year!

19
3 Books To Read Over Winter Break
Dave Collie on Flickr

The year is winding down, and soon I'll be out of school for a month. This is primarily when I'll get the most reading done. There will be more free time for me to spend on myself than when I'm in school, so it's a great time to pick up a few books to read. These are the books I recommend for you if you're like me at all.

1. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

I recently picked up reading this book, and it's pretty intriguing so far. It's set in a type of post-dystopian universe, where society has picked itself up after the rise of evil. (This is actually a theme in a later book I'll recommend as well). The world is divided into humans and monsters, but sometimes humans are the real monsters. Kate is the daughter of one of these human-monsters and wants to prove that she's just as brutal as her father. August is an actual monster but wants more than anything to not be. The two end up having to run for their lives together, despite being enemies at heart.

2. Renegades by Marissa Meyer

A brand new book by the author of "The Lunar Chronicles," "Renegades" is set up in a similar way the previous book. It's set in a post-dystopian world after superheroes ended anarchy. Nova was raised by her uncle, who also happens to be the leader of anarchy, and has a personal vendetta against superheroes, or otherwise known as renegades. Adrian is a renegade in training but has a sense of justice that leads him to become a vigilante. This is the beginning of a series and a fantastic one at that. I recommend it, especially if you're interested in superheroes!

3. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stievater

I know I'm late on this series, but I recently picked it up and couldn't put it down. It's about a girl from a family of psychics aiding a group of boys as they solve a magical mystery. Every character is super well written and interesting. Most importantly, this is the first book out a series; even better yet, the raven cycle series is finished! if you get sucked into it as quickly as I did, you'll have three more books to follow it.