28 Things You Can Do Instead of Your Homework

I'm not a procrastinator, I'm just extremely productive at unimportant things.

13
boldomatic.com

We all know there’s always that one project you are dreading doing. You always try to find an excuse to put it off. Some people like to call it procrastinating. However, I like to call it creative avoidance. So here’s my list of procrastination. Enjoy!

1. Write an article about procrastination

So, ya. Maybe this is what this article is about. But maybe I meant to do that. ;)

2. Look up make-up tutorials on Youtube

Social media has taken the makeup world to a whole new level. There are millions upon millions of makeup tutorials and reviews at the tip of our fingers. Why not take advantage of that? Here are a few links to some of my favorite makeup you tubers.

RachhLoves

Kandee Johnson

3. Take an obscene amount of selfies

Now that you’ve tried out a few makeup tutorials and found a FLAWLESS combination, why not try out a few angles and filters to test out your new looks. #sefliesfordays

4. Promptly delete selfie evidence

I am so guilty of this. Taking a million selfies and then going back and deleting all of them. I mean, I can’t use up valuable space on my phone for selfies. I need my storage space!!

5. Look up recipes you’ll never cook on Pinterest

I’m not saying this happens in every instance. In fact, there have been PLENTY of times Pinterest has saved my butt with its recipes. But that crazy looking unicorn glazed purple ham is just something I am never going to do. But incase you are actually looking for some good recipes, here are some of my Pinterest finds;

Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo (this one really tastes like OG!! It is SOO good.)

Easy Baked Chicken Fajitas (This is a crowd pleaser. Literally everyone who likes chicken LOVES this and it is too easy not to have in your recipe book.)

Reeses Cheesecake Brownies (If you’re in the mood for something sweet, this will definitely hit the spot. It’s a little tedious but it is worth the effort.)

6. Mindlessly scroll through Facebook

I think we all do this anyway on all spectrums of social media. It is something we have become accustomed to doing as second nature. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve opened Facebook without even thinking just out of habit. Most of the time I’m not even paying attention to what I am scrolling through.

7. Go for a walk

To get away from the glow of a screen, get out of the house and breath in the fresh air. Put your phone in your pocket and enjoy the scenery. You’ll never expect what you notice when you’re not glued to that tiny screen in your hand. The world your surrounded by is delightfully surprising and beautiful.

8. Make a list of things to do.

Yes, make a list of things to do and put what you're putting off at the very very top. Sometimes seeing all the things you have to get done after you get the project you’re dreading done, it gives you just enough motivation to at least start on it. And even if it doesn’t, at least you’re a little more organized when you’re done. It’s a win-win!

9. Start a 30 day work out challenge.

I have personally tried the plank and squats challenge. If you don’t work out on a daily basis, it gets you in a really good habit of at least breaking a sweat for a little bit a day. I feel more energized after I am done working out, so I am more motivated to get stuff done. Plus, it is a great stress relief!

10. Watch animal videos online

Sometimes I just want to sit in my room, laughing hysterically at videos of animals being silly. It makes my heart happy.

11. Catch up with an old friend

When I am feeling kinda stuck, I always like to text a friend to see how they are doing. Sometimes when we are busy with our own lives, we forget that the people we care about are going about their days as well. It is always a good time to catch up or at least let them know you are thinking about them and you miss them.

12. Create a bucket list

I do this all the time. I have a million different bucket lists. I have my HUGE bucket list that covers everything from the crazy impossible dreams to the smallest things I can think of. I also have a RAKs Bucket List, an Annual Bucket List, the Texas Bucket List, Holiday Bucket Lists, ect. It keeps me hopeful and reminds me of things I forget throughout the years.

13. Call your parents

Just like your friends, your parents are busy too. And they raised you! You should call them and catch up. Tell them you love them and miss them. Life is too short not to talk to your parents often. Tomorrow is never promised and you owe them everything. Show them some love!

14. Take your dog for a walk

Or your cat, or lizard.. or rock. I mean, anything really. Just get out of the house and move around! :)

15. Reorganize your work space

I do this all the time. I am constantly feeling cluttered. So, instead of doing what I am supposed to do, I start OCD organizing everything again and again until I feel satisfied with what I am doing. A clean and organized work space can often make you more productive as well.

16. Clean your car

Lets be honest, your car probably needs a little TLC. Go give that bad boy a quick wash and vacuum and get a few nice smelling air fresheners. Next time you get in your car, you will thank yourself.

17. Give your dog a bath

After that crazy long adventurous walk, your pup or rock will definitely need a bath. Give them some love and make them smell nice. Dogs need pampering too!

18. Binge watch a new series on Netflix

We all know how awesome Netflix is. I have watched Friends over AND OVER again. Sometimes we just need a day in our bed, eating our favorite food, and finding out How I Met Your Mother.

19. Read a book

I am a huge nerd. I could read books all day, every day, 24/7. A lot of people watch makeup tutorials, but my Youtube history is filled with book hauls and trailers. Reading opens your mind up to new ideas, new worlds, and knowledge. If you aren’t a reader, try and audiobook or a podcast. They are all equally entertaining and interesting. Check out some awesome movie trailers on Epic Reads !

20. Watch old videos in your photo gallery on your phone

I am huge on nostalgia. I love looking at old pics and videos. Its amazing what you forget you record. I am always laughing by the end of my gallery. I often find myself sending old videos to friends as well. It is always good to reminisce.

21. Alphabetize your DVD collection or book shelf

Now, this is a desperate plea, but It works. It also makes finding that one movie you want to watch THAT much easier. It takes time if you have a lot of movies or books, but it looks so good and it is worth all the work.

22. Online shopping anyone?

I am so guilty of shopping online. Amazon and I are literally best friends. Even when I don't have money, I find myself putting stuff in my cart just to remind myself of what I want. My bank account does not like this distraction, but what it doesn’t know wont hurt it, right?

23. Write a letter to a soldier over seas

This is something I have started recently and only done a few times.. Kids in elementary school do it every year and it was literally one of my favorite things to do. I don’t ever include personal information, I just thank them for what they are doing and send them bible verses. It is nice to think that they know that they are appreciated and that they aren’t over there for no reason. There's tons of organizations that do this. You can look up one that you'd like to use or click here to go to the A Million Thanks page.

24. Try to figure out questionable lyrics to songs you listen to

An old friend of mine got me doing this. We used to get into massive fights over lyrics so we started this sort of tradition. We would sit down on a Friday night when money was tight, look up the latest songs and try to figure out the lyrics. Whoever was the closest won. It was stupid, but it usually took up the entire night and we laughed so much our abs hurt.

25. Plan a hypothetical road trip for you and your friends

I have done this a million times. I have friends all over the country, so its hard to get together sometimes. We always used to talk about getting away for a week and just catching up but it almost never happens. So, I plan hypothetical ones so when the conversations do come up, we can start with a sort-of plan and go from there. Plus, you can add it to your bucket list!

26. Learn something new

My mom and I started this tradition on New Years a few years ago. We were super bad at keeping our resolutions, so we decided to do something a little more feasible; learn something new. The first year we picked knitting. We sat down for three nights in a row teaching each other how to knit from Youtube videos and articles online. It was really fun to learn and now I can say I know how to knit. Last year we found a new recipe that seemed really hard and mastered it. Get creative and take on something you’ve always wanted to learn but have never had the time.

27. Deep clean your house

It is never too early or late to start your spring cleaning. Check out Pinterest for organizing ideas and tips on getting rid of things you no longer need. Then sell the larger things you're getting rid of online and pocket a little cash to go shopping or put in savings!

28. Make a new playlist on Spotify

I have a playlist for every mood I'm in. Don’t get me wrong, some of their playlists are fire, but I like all different types of music. It is nice to just click on my Happy playlist when I am in a good mood and I’m not constantly skipping through songs I barely know.

So that's 28 things to do to procrastinate. Now that you’re done reading this list, you can either choose to take my advice and continue to procrastinate or get that project done that you’re avoiding right now. If you have any more procrastination tips, let me know in the comments below! I love reasons to not get things done!