27 Stimulating Quotes To Encourage And Inspire You

You've made progress, why stop now?

199
Tumblr

We've all experienced the feeling of discouragement at least once, if not many times, in our lives. It's even safe to say that it's sometimes hard to get back on track when we feeling like giving in and going the easier or more comfortable route might sound more appealing instead.

For the dreamers, artists, visionaries, the ambitious, the doubted, the challenged and even insecure, here are twenty-two quotes I hope will ignite another spark we all need to push through every once in a while:

1. "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."

– Vincent Van Gogh

2. "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

– Walt Disney

3. "For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

– Steve Jobs

4. "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

– Winston Churchill

5. "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

– Winston Churchill

6. "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

– Winston Chuchill

7. "You learn more from failure than from success. Don't let it stop you. Failure builds character.

– Unknown

8. “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.”
– The Lion King

9. “You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.” – Ratatouille

10. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."

– Pirates of the Caribbean

11. "People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world usually do."

–Rob Siltanen

12. "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do."

– Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

13. "We generate Fears while we sit. We overcome them by action."

– Dr. Henry Link

14. "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right."

– Henry Ford

15. "To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."

– Thich Nhat Hanh

16. "Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties."

– Erich Seligmann Fromm

17. "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

– Albert Einstein

18. "To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."

– Joseph Chilton Pearce

19. "You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated."

– Maya Angelou

20. "Change is not something that we should fear. Rather, it is something that we should welcome. For without change, nothing in this world would ever grow or blossom, and no one in this world would ever move forward to become the person they're meant to be."

– B.K.S. Iyengar

21. "Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for the great."

– Steve Prefontaine

22. "Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you."

– Johnny Depp

23. "I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something. So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make new mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life. Whatever it is you're scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever."

– Neil Gaiman

24. “It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs.”

– Jillian Michaels

25. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

– Steve Jobs

26. "And you ask “what if I fall?" Oh but my darling, what if you fly?”

– Erin Hanson

27. "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."

– Martin Luther King Jr.

So go on; dust the dirt off your shoulders and get back out there!