In today's society, it is so easy (and almost expected) to take so many things for granted. We live in a world of "give me this." and "I'm entitled to that." However, that is not the way we should be. Let us take a moment to be thankful for the things that we do have instead of be impatient about the things we don't. Below is a list of some of the many things that I, along with many of you reading this, should be thankful about.
1. Having a roof over my head
2. Air Conditioning
3. Easily-accessible (and delicious) food
4. A job
5. The internet
6. The ability to read and write
7. Clean drinking water
8. Living in a first-world country
9. Clothes on my back
10. Shoes on my feet
Now the rest of the list are all of the things that I am really, really thankful for.
11. My God is a healer, and He has healed me of everything that used to hurt me (Matthew 9:35, Psalms 103:3).
12. I have the Spirit of God living in me, and He is greater than anything this world can throw at me (I John 4:4).
12. I'm not depressed anymore (see number 11).
13. I'm filled with joy, love, peace, and so much more (Galatians 5:22-23).
14. I didn't go through with committing suicide when I was depressed.
15. I now serve a God that has given me a life worth living and that's better than anything I could have ever imagined (Ephesians 3:20).
16. I found the Man that made me realize life was worth living. His name is Jesus.
17. Someone loved me enough to die for me while I was at my worst (Romans 5:6-8).
18. Someone loved me enough to send His only Son to die for my transgressions (John 3:16).
19. I have been freed from the chains that once bound me to this world--the depression, the sin, the shame, the guilt, et cetera (II Corinthians 3:17).
20. No evil can harm me any longer, for God is my protector, my refuge, my comfort, and in Him I trust (Psalms 91).
21. I have been given power over the enemy, and victory has already been given to me, too (Luke 10:19, I John 5:4).
22. Jesus Christ did not just die for me, but for everyone (II Corinthians 5:15).
23. We all have the ability to access God's Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-21).
24. Everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10:9-13).
25. We can have hope for the future and be prosperous in the days to come (Jeremiah 29:11).
26. None of us have to live in the same rut and feel miserable about the same things day in and day out. We can be freed from everything that once bound us, that depressed us, and that ever caused us to think that life wasn't worth living.
27. That when the Son sets us free, we are free indeed (John 8:36).