27 Thoughts I Had While Watching "Ghost In The Shell" Teasers

Is it worth dropping my stuff and watching this next year?

16
Screen Rant

Last week or so one of the upcoming, controversial films "Ghost In The Shell" released five different teasers on their official Twitter account. Now, I have expressed my opinion about this movie and how they casted a white actress like Scarlett Johansson to play an Asian character like Major Motoko.

So when the teasers came out, I wanted to check them out of curiosity. Would it get me excited about seeing the film? Not really, they're only short clips. They haven't released an official trailer yet, but since they have the teasers out I might as well see what it may look like. Also, I finally saw "Ghost In The Shell" 1995 movie so this will be interesting.

So here are my thoughts after watching all five teasers from their Twitter:

1. Oh what a pretty kimono--

2. NOPE.

3. Oh cool logo.

4. I'm guessing they're shooting the same scene where Motoko wakes up in the beginning of the film. Spoilers? I guess...

5. Okay, so far, the logo is the best part out of the two teasers

6. Wait...

7. Wait...who's that?

8. Are they trying to give Motoko some kind of ally or something?

9. The nameless actress is pretty though. But still.

10. "What are you?" I should be asking you that similar question. Who are you??????

11. Seriously, who is this character? Where did she come from? Did they make her up?

12. I had to look up Wikipediaand Google Image search on this character and she's still not there!

13. WHO ARE YOU, NEW CHARACTER PERSON.

14. Is that guy shooting a gun supposed to be Chief Aramaki?

15. But he doesn't always shoot at things though..

16. Is he wearing some kind of face mask?

17. That awkward moment when they cast an Asian man to play a Japanese character but not everyone else. Oops.

18. Okay, this scene where Scarlett is walking slowly through a hallway while holding a gun is cool. If only they did that for a Black Widow movie...

19. #JusticeForBlackWidow

20. A group full monk droids? What?

21. That never happened. If any of you have seen the movie or read the manga, you'll probably think it never happened as well. (I could be wrong but still).

22. Is that voice supposed to be The Puppet Master?

23. I get that the live-action film will be completely different from the animated version. But still.

24. What is even happening?

25. I'm done. I'm so done. I tried to be open. I tried not to compare it to the 1995 film. I couldn't. I'm sorry. I'm done. Call me when they released the film. I won't be watching that until it's on Red Box.

26. P.S. I'm still convinced that Hollywood is avoiding a Black Widow movie so they threw Ghost In The Shell at Scarlett. Poor Scarlett. #JusticeForBlackWidow

27. P.S.S Again, the logo is pretty much the best part out of all these teasers. At least they got the triangle right.

Well now I have to wait until they release the official trailer. Let's see how that goes. Wish me luck.