25 Bible Verses To Pray Over Your Husband

I promise to love you forever and always.

136318
Amanda Lovelace

I believe that prayer is a vital part of a successful marriage because you are inviting Christ into your marriage to shape and mold one another's character as He desires.

I personally believe you can bring positivity and spiritual nourishment into your husband's life through prayer. The duty of a Christian wife is to pray for your husband's integrity, strengths, weaknesses, spiritual walk, and work ethic for every aspect of His life. My heartfelt desire is that my husband would feel covered in prayer with intentionality and meaning through scripture.

After reading Jennifer Smith's novel The Unveiled Wife, here are a few verses that I have prayed over my husband during our first month of marriage:

1. That he lives in accordance with God’s plan for his life (Ephesians 4:1-2)

"I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love." (NKJV)

2. That the Lord would bless his work (Proverbs 22:29)

"Do you see a man who excels in his work?
He will stand before kings;
He will not stand before unknown men." (NKJV)

3. That he would lean on Christ in his trials (Psalm 46:1)

"God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble." (NKJV)

4. His integrity (Proverbs 11:3)

"The integrity of the upright will guide them,
But the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them." (NKJV)

5. His temptations (1 Corinthians 10:13)

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God isfaithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (NKJV)

6. That he would have a giving heart (Proverbs 28:27)

"He who gives to the poor will not lack,
But he who hides his eyes will have many curses." (NKJV)

7. For discernment in handling finances (Luke 16:13)

“No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.” (NKJV)

8. That he would trust in God’s plan, not his own (Jeremiah 29:11)

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (NKJV)

9. That he would give everything to the Lord in Prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17)

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing." (NKJV)

10. That he would seek wisdom (James 1:5)

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (NKJV)

11. That God would give him discernment (Philippians 1:9-10)

"And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ." (NKJV)

12. That the Lord would teach him how to be a good husband & likewise me a good wife (Ephesians 5:22-33)

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body." (NKJV)

13. That he would submit his fears to God (Psalm 118:6)

"The Lord is on my side;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?" (NKJV)

14. That he would fully grasp his purpose in Christ (Romans 8:28)

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (NKJV)

15. For his health (1 Corinthians 6:12)

"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." (NKJV)

16. For strength (Psalm 28:7)

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him." (NKJV)

17. That he would be surrounded by people who bring him up (Proverbs 13:20)

"He who walks with wise men will be wise,
But the companion of fools will be destroyed." (NKJV)

18. That he would boldly declare the Truth of the Gospel (Acts 28:30-31)

"Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him." (NKJV)

19. That he would grow spiritually through reading, studying and prayer (2 Peter 3:17-18)

"You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen." (NKJV)

20. That he would have a humble, teachable spirit (Proverbs 15:33)

"The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom,
And before honor is humility." (NKJV)

21. That he would be full of patience and peace (Romans 14:19)

"Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another." (NKJV)

22. That he would be quick to forgive (Ephesians 4:32)

"And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (NKJV)

23. His Heart (Proverbs 4:23)

"Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life." (NKJV)

24. His Future (Psalm 105: 42-45)

"For He remembered His holy promise,
And Abraham His servant.
He brought out His people with joy,
His chosen ones with gladness.
He gave them the lands of the Gentiles,
And they inherited the labor of the nations,
That they might observe His statutes
And keep His laws. Praise the Lord!" (NKJV)

25. That he would continue to lead and that God would be glorified in our marriage (Ephesians 5:25-29)

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church." (NKJV)