Moms are the best. But when you go to college, they're not there to tell you how to do things all the time. For a time, it's great, but it also makes you realize how much you miss her. (Thanks for taking care of me so well at home, Mom.)
So, here's a list of the times I've realized just how much you miss my mom in college.
You miss your mom in college when you're:
1. Staring into your fridge and wondering, "What can I even make with all this?"
2. Figuring out which medicines to take when you're sick.
3. Searching the grocery store for that one item.
4. Buying produce at the grocery store (how do you tell if a pineapple is good?)
5. Debating if you should wash your "dry clean only" clothes.
6. Signing the lease for your first house/apartment.
7. Eating the same dining hall food every single day of the week.
8. Needing something to be sewn.
9. Looking at a stain on your shirt and wondering, "Will that ever come out?"
SEE ALSO: 23 Things You Call Your Mom For In College
10. Craving her cookies.
11. Needing a motivational speech about how it will all be okay in the end.
12. Guestimating how long to microwave food.
13. Wondering if it's OK to eat something that's expired.
14. Needing someone to force you to work out.
15. Attempting to pay the bills.
16. Seasoning chicken.
17. Wanting someone to ask you how your day was.
18. Making lunch for yourself.
19. Staring at that pile of dishes in the sink that you don't want to wash.
20. Paying for an overpriced meal and knowing mom could make it way better.
21. Picking out soap for the first time (there are so many kinds).
22. Tired of talking to your college friends.
23. Freaking out when a random light comes on in your car.
24. Seeing families around town.
25. Needing a good hug.