25 Thoughts We All Have Packing Up From College

11
The Odyssey

It's that time of year, packing up the college dorm room. For some reason packing for college is exponentially easier than packing up for the return trip. Many of us wait until the last minute and as a result panic. So here is my take on what I imagine goes through all of us who procrastinate heads.

1) I have a week left of college. That is plenty of time to pack.

2) Alright I'm leaving in five days, maybe I should start organizing things.

3) I know I should be packing, but this is the last night with my friends.

4) I folded most of my clothes...OK just my t-shirts, but Grey's Anatomy is on tonight. I'll finish in the morning.

5) *8 a.m.* I'll get up in an hour to pack.

6) Sleeps until noon.

7) *Wakes up* Well no one can pack on an empty stomach. I'll start as soon as I get food.

8) *Sees random hall-mate* I have to talk to her this may be the last time we ever see each other again.

9) OK I got to get all this packed by noon tomorrow. No problem.

10) Where to start....

11) Why do I have so MANY shoes!!! Seriously where did this random one come from?!

12) If I take a nap and pull in all-nighter, can I still get all this packed?

13) OK how did I manage to pack all these clothes when I came down?

14) How did I collect all these random things?

15) *Looks at clock and cries*

16) There is no way I am bringing all this stuff back next year.

17) Is this shirt mine? Who could I have borrowed this from? Should I ask? Will they notice?

18) Where is my phone charger? Please tell me I didn't already pack it.

19) OMG! I finished my first year of college. Why is this now just hitting me all of a sudden?

20) There is no possible way that this amount of stuff could fit in my 5x5 room.

21) *cries* This was the best first room ever! I'm gonna miss it.

22) *sees bug* I am so ready to leave this place and never come back.

23) I am going to miss all my friends this summer.

24) How I am going to fit all this in my room next year?

25) Hallelujah! Praise Jesus I am done!!

I learned many valuable lessons while packing up at the end of my freshman year. One of which is that no there is no such thing as too many shoes. I also learned to never wait until the last minute to pack....Oh who am I trying to fool ;)