25 Thoughts On Every Freshman's Mind During The Last Month Of The School Year

I'm confused, how did we get here so quickly?"
166

Now that its April, the reality is setting in that the end of the semester is quickly approaching. Here are some thoughts that have crossed the minds of many freshmen now that we're a month away from summer break.

1. "Woah, I'm about to finish my first year of college."

2. "I've been here for (almost) two whole semesters and I think it's still very obvious that I'm a freshman. That's kinda sad."

3. "I can't wait to be home for the summer with my friends, family, and my OWN bed."

4. "But, moving out of my freshman dorm is going to be so sad."

5. "I'm definitely not gonna miss that hall shower, though."

6. "I'm also not going to miss the terrible, inconvenient (and rather expensive) chore of doing laundry."

7. If we are this close to summer break, why is it still cold outside? Mother Nature needs to stop playing games."

8. "So… there aren't gonna be any volunteers to help us move out like on move-in day?"

9. "Wait, what do you mean there's no frog week (oops - I mean 1787 August Orientation) before the next fall semester?"

10. "I brought so many random things to college that I've hardly ever used."

11. "I'm confused... wasn't move-in day like only a week ago? How did 7 months go by so fast?"

12. "If every year goes by this fast, I'm gonna have to be a real adult very soon."

13. "I need to make the most of my college years, and time needs to slow down a little so I can do that."

14. "Wow, I'm so glad I have a few more years before I'm a senior… I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with my life yet."

15. "This finals week is gonna be worse than the last one…"

16. "My brain isn't ready for the amount of stress that is coming during the next few weeks."

17. "Why do I have a million assignments due the week before finals week? Why in the world did my professors think this was a good idea?"

18. "Rent, utilities, and parking passes — oh my!"

19. "I only get 5 meal punches next year? I'm gonna starve!"

20. "It was so cute when I loved the campus food at the beginning of the year and thought I wouldn't get tired of it."

21. "I can't wait to have my car next year."

22. "I can't believe I was still in high school this time last year."

23. "Thank God I never have to go back to high school."

24. "Thank you, high school self, for choosing the best college on Earth."

25. "As excited as I am for summer, I can't wait to do it all again next school year."

Finish the semester strong, Dukes!