Everyone knows there are certain things you say to people, certain things you typically don't say to people, and certain things that you SHOULDN'T say to people.
College students get a lot more shit from people than credit, and there are certain things that we are just tired of hearing people say to us.
Everyone gets annoyed after a while when they keep hearing the same things over and over, just from different people. I decided to compile a list of common things that we most likely hear on a daily basis, that, to be honest, you really just shouldn't be asking or saying to us. Chances are, UNLESS you are a fellow peer, these statements will most likely be received with annoyance, and possibly the wrong interpretation of the message. It's one thing for all of us students to say some of these to each other, because we're all in the same boat, but it is a completely different story for anyone else asking or saying these things to us. So, let's save all of us the anguish, and not ask these or say these to every college student we see.
1. "Looks like the Freshman 15 hit you hard."
2. "You missed class AGAIN?"
3. "When was the last time you went to the gym?"
4. "Just because there's a pizza place on campus doesn't mean you have to eat there for every meal."
5. "It wouldn't hurt you to lose some weight."
6. "Do you have any idea what you want to do with your degree?"
7. "How do you plan on paying for____?"
8. "Well, did you study for it?"
9. "Stop complaining, it's not that hard."
10. "Maybe you should try harder."
11. "Didn't you wear that outfit yesterday?"
12. "You need to be more organized."
13. "You're sick AGAIN?"
14. "Look how involved _____ is. You should be more like them."
15. "Do you really think you could get a job with THAT major?"
16. "What's your GPA?"
17. What'd you get on that last test?"
18. "You look rough."
19. "Just get more sleep, sleep comes before your schoolwork."
20. "Maybe if you had better time management you wouldn't be so stressed."
21. "Why don't you get a job?"
22. "I hope you're getting A's with how much it costs for you to be here."
23. "Maybe you should consider a different major."
24. "Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?"
25. "I told ____ how well you're doing, I hope I didn't just lie."