With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I am so excited to stuff my face full of amazing food until I feel the urge to put my sweatpants on. Although I cannot contain my excitement, I feel like we should be just as excited to stuff our faces as we should be about what God has blessed us with.
While life tries to take our perspective off of the things that matter and sometimes helps us forget the little things, here's a list of 25 things to be thankful for to help you refresh or regain your perspective:
1. You can breathe. You have life!
2. You have a place to call home, even if it's a home away from home.
3. Your friends: they're just as awesome as you had hoped, even if they make a few mistakes along the way.
4. A job: no matter how much it sucks some days, there are many people who would kill to have a job, even if it's minimum wage.
5. Freedom: Not only are there men and women who fight for your freedom, but there are still many people in the world who are enslaved and are hoping for a freedom like yours someday.
6. Wanderlust: Your adventures have taken you to some pretty cool places this year and you've seen some things that were on your Life Well Lived list.
7. Your passion: for a cause, for Christ, for photography, whatever. The thing that gets your blood pumping. You're making a difference or getting others excited too and that's awesome.
8. Your family. As dysfunctional as they may be, they're also the people you can't live without and really care for.
9. Technology: Your phone, laptop, tablet, etc. Many people still don't have access to wifi let alone the technology the modern world has.
10. Your education. A privilege often taken advantage of and one that we should be grateful to have, no matter the level.
11. Your car! As shiny new or rotten old it could be, it gets you where you need to be and that's what matters.
12. Your roomies...even if they forget to do the dishes now and then, they're still the best. And if there not...well, be thankful you've had better experiences.
13. Your Netflix account: Be thankful for your friends account you use or all the episodes you so happily binged watched this year.
14. Your pet: Smelly, playful, sleepy, and fun, they're the extra family member you've always wanted and can't live without.
15. The warm feeling after you put on your clothes fresh out of the dryer. Its AH-mazing and it never gets old.
16. Your relationship status: Single. Dating. Engaged. Married. Embrace this season of life and many blessings that have come from it.
17. Mobility: It's not always there, especially after accidents, aging, or injuries. While it seems so simple, it's another thing not everyone has and a day to day thing we take for granted.
18. Food! It has to be on the list, right? I mean we need it to survive and there's so much good food out there.
19. Your past: As awesome or tough as it may have been, it's made you who you are now and taught you many things along the way.
20. Your ability to cry. It's freeing, a true sign of strength, and feels so good afterwards.
21. The thing about you you think is a weakness. Weakness can become strengths and are apart of who you are.
22. The ability to feel. Emotions can be all over the place, but our feelings often lead us to a new place and help us grow.
23. The ability to think for yourself: Imagine if someone told you everything you should think?
24. Your bed. Enough said.
25. Jesus Chris and the many blessings he gives! He freely gave so we could receive the gift of life and that's something celebrating.