25 Things That Happened in 2016

25 Things That Happened in 2016

Do you remember them all?

305
25 Things That Happened in 2016
Price

It's now December, the last month of the year signaling the end of the year. 2016 is almost over! Time does fly, but this year has been a very eventful one. So before we enter the new year, let's reminisce about the events and trends that happened this past year. Do you remember all of them? Check the list and find out!

1. Running Man Challenge

This trend blew up all over the internet after two Maryland basketball players, Jared Nickens and Jaylen Brantley, posted a video that included themselves doing this dance to the song "My Boo." Everyone then proceeded to copy the dance and post their own versions of the video online.

2. Damn Daniel

Joshua Holz, a California teen, did not know that his video of him commenting on his friend Daniel Lara and his white Vans would become viral on Twitter.

3. 100 Layers Challenge

Youtuber Cristine Rotenberg, owner of the Simply Nailogical Youtube channel, created a video where she put on 100 coats of nail polish. This then started the trends and soon other Youtubers like Jenna Marbles posted videos where they also put on a hundred layers of products like mascara and tanning spray.

4. Arthur Memes

Oh the Arthur memes....

5. Stranger Things

After this show was released on Netflix, everyone became obsessed with it. It was the most recent show to binge watch on Netflix all at once.

6. In Memory Of

Unfortunately we lost many famous figures in 2016 including Muhammad Ali, Harper Lee, and Prince. May they be remembered forever.

7. Deadpool

Ryan Reynolds gave a fantastic in this performance that made people flood the theaters to see it earlier this year in February.

8. Caveman SpongeBob Meme

SpongeBob meme's are always great.

9. Pokémon Go

Everyone started to download and play this app this year. Everyone was going out and about to try and catch their own Pokémon.

10. Rio 2016 Olympics

This year's olympics were great to watch. The U.S. team did extremely well and lead with most medals by having 121 total medals. Go USA!

11. Death of Harambe

Harambe, a gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo, tragically died this year after a three year-old boy fell into the gorilla's enclosure. This event was filmed and got coverage virally over the controversial decision of the zoo keeper who shot the gorilla. Rest in peace.

12. Leonardo DiCaprio's Oscar Win

FINALLY! Leo was finally able to win his Oscar. It is about time.

13. Bath Bombs

I know you have seen the endless bath bomb videos.

14. The Presidential Election

The election that shook the world.

15. Obama and Biden Memes

Oh Joe...

16. Brangelina Split

The perfect celebrity couple is no more. </3

17. Lemonade Album

Queen B has done it again. Everyone always appreciates her music.

18. End of Vine

Twitter announced that they were taking this app off of the app store this year. At least you can still access some of the old vines on the official vine website.

19. Water Bottle Flipping

After this video went viral, this trend started which consisted of people of videotaping someone who was trying to make a water bottle land after flipping it.

20. Hamilton

This popular Broadway show was released this year. Tickets for it have been sold out for months in advance.

21. Finding Dory

Thirteen years after "Finding Nemo" was released, we finally get a sequel with "Finding Dory" that was released this summer. Although it was a long wait, this film warmed the hearts of many.

22. Juju On That Beat

The newest dance trend is "Juju On That Beat" by Zay Hilfigerrr and Zayion McCall.

23. Dark Kermit Memes

These are the newest meme trend. There's a dark Kermit in all of us.

24. Avocado Toast

Avocado Toast itself was not created this year, but the trend of it being posted on social media platforms was. Avocado Toast was one of the foods that appeared the most this year on social media.

25. Mannequin Challenge

The newest trend of this year, the Mannequin Challenge. In this trend, everyone in the video tries to stay still like a mannequin while the song "Black Beatles" by Rae Sremmurd is playing in the background of the video. Even Rae Sremmurd did the Mannequin Challenge too!