25 Things That Go Through My Head While In College

It's literally an every day thing now.

7
readsh101

As a college student, we all have a routine. A 'scheduled struggle' that we follow throughout our days at University. Everyone's is a little different, unique in the ways that they are. So, I decided to write mine down for you; here are the thought's that go through my mind every day while in college!

1. "If I wake up at 8:30 I will have 15 minutes to get ready before I have to leave my room."

There is an ongoing battle between my body, mind, and soul when it comes to how much sleep I can squeeze in before my 9 a.m. class. I seem to hit the snooze button on my alarm at least five times every morning, because I set my alarm for 7:30 a.m. knowing that I'm not actually going to get out of my bed until 8:30.

2. "Dress well, test well."

I always like to be somewhat dressed up! It makes me feel good and I feel as if I do better in class when I am wearing at least one formal object of clothing. This can be a cardigan, a button up shirt, or even the shoes that I am wearing. When I am not wearing something along these lines it is because I woke up really late for class and just threw clothes on; those are the days I seem groggy as well.

3. "What do I have to do today?

I have four classes, two meetings, and I have to do math homework and a paper for child development later. I almost never have time to myself in college because I always have something to do or have something due. Especially since I have become very involved on campus and I try to keep up my sleep schedule, my grades and my social life (even though that there is a myth that you can only choose two, if you have good time management then you should be fine).

4. "OMG, It's 8:50! I have to leave for class!"

Every morning. Like clockwork.

5. "Whew! I got here just in time."

It has happened, on more than one occasion, where I have walked into the classroom WITH the teacher.

6. "Come on, I have to walk all the way across campus to get to my next class."

Class is supposed to get out at 9:50 and I have a class all the way across campus at 10:00, so it really aggravates me when my math teacher releases the class at 9:55.

7. "MORE MATH HOMEWORK?!"

I already have a math lab due tomorrow, please don't add book work! Yet, as much as math homework is swamping and tiring, it makes your test grade look really good because of all of the practice.

8. "Need. Coffee. Now."

Walking to my 10 a.m. class, I pass the coffee shop, and I just do not have time to stop. But I want to, I want to oh so badly.

9. "Three more hours of classes, two meetings, and food until I can go to bed."

There's hope, I swear there's hope.

10. "I WISH I WAS BACK HOME AT THE BEACH!"

When I look out of the windows in class, I see mountains. Do not get me wrong, I love the mountains, but I miss the beach only that much more. It's just something about the smell of salt water and the sound of the waves crashing amongst the shore in my hometown of Cape Charles; there's always a time of day, every day, when I start to miss being home.

11. "Yay! All my classes are over; I can finally eat lunch!"

Lunch on Monday, Wednesday and Friday just so happens to be my favorite time of day. All of my friends get out of class at the same time and we are all able to eat lunch together. I love getting to spend time with them.

12. "Homework or nap?"

It almost always comes down to how I can split the time evenly amongst the two and still get rest and be able to finish all of my homework. But, the nap always seems to get cut short, sadly.

13. "I need to write a paper but I haven't watched last weeks episode of Grey's Anatomy yet."

I CANNOT miss an episode of Grey's and then wait until the next week because I cannot watch Grey's this week if I have not watched last week's. I simply CANNOT.

14. "I love Arizona Robbins so much."

Every time I watch Grey's Anatomy, whether it's a recent episode or a really old episode, Arizona Robbins makes my heart flutter and my stomach jump. I simply love her so much and I hope to be as loving and as caring as she is one day when I am a doctor.

15. "Only one class tomorrow, don't have to wake up until 10. I love Tuesday-Thursdays."

Not having to wake up with the sun is an amazing feeling. Getting to sleep in is amazing. Getting to actually drink a cup of coffee in the morning is amazing and only having one class is amazing. My administration of justice class is my 'wind-down' time. I get to reflect on the days ahead and figure out my plan of action for completing the work I have to do.

16. "Do I have anything due tomorrow?"

Almost always. There's always a point in the semester when I am completely caught up and I have nothing due. But, it only lasts for about a week and then I get swamped. But it's the sun on the horizon because it normally happens towards the end of the semester.

17. "Oh good. It's only lecture."

It must be that week. Lucky me! But, hunker down, the storm is coming.

18. "Start math homework now, or wait until tomorrow?"

It almost always waits until tomorrow. But, that's OK. At least I get it done. It would be different if I were to put it off and then never finish it.

19. "I really want to go to the pool, but I really need to do laundry."

I think about our Olympic sized swimming pool almost everyday. It's heated and it's amazingly warm and I want to swim in it everyday.

20. "Time to wash the pool chemicals out of my hair."

I went to the pool. Laundry is for tomorrow I guess.

21. "DINNER!"

Even though the café doesn't always have the best food, as I stated above, I love spending time with my friends; dinner time always seems to be a time where we can meet up in the midst of our busy schedules.

22. "Homework."

I have to finish what I should have finished while I was napping, watching Grey's Anatomy and swimming. But, it will get done.

23. "Shower!"

Besides lunch, shower time is probably my favorite time of the day. A hot shower is definitely what I need at the end of a long day to just wind down.

24. "Pray!"

Can't end my day without spending a little time with Jesus. I look forward to this almost everyday.

25. "SLEEP!"

Time to repeat it all again tomorrow. Goodnight.