25 Thing That are taken for Granted

25 Thing That are taken for Granted

Remember the little and important things.

363
25 Thing That are taken for Granted
Chang Duong

This past week for me was extremely stressful. It was what all college students dread: midterm week.

I had two papers due, four tests, two group projects, and on top of all that a ton of makeup work from being sick for two weeks, while trying to maintain a normal sleep schedule, interviewing for a potential on-campus job, and trying to stay physically healthy.

Like so many other people, when my life gets extremely hectic I shut down and start to forget what truly matters in life. I start to take my life and the opportunities that I have for granted. I forget about the small things that make me smile and focus my mind on the negatives instead of the positives. So, if you often find yourself doing this, here is a small list of everyday things that are way to often taken for granted and need to be appreciated a little more.

1. A Smile from a friend

2. The Smell of the Ocean

3. Seeing a pup on the sidewalk

4. Comfy over-sized Clothing

5. Blaring music with your car windows down

6. Warm fuzzy Socks

7. Literally all breakfast Food

8. Fresh, clean sheets on your bed

9. A hug from someone you love

10. A cold shower on a sunburn

11. Hearing someone say, “This reminded me of you!”

12. A quiet campus at night to reflect on

13. The smell of a new book

14. Really good coffee in the morning

15. Fun conversations with strangers

16. Butterflies in your stomach

17. Going for a walk when it’s sunny

18. New friendships that develop

19. Home cooked meals vs. campus food

20. Steaming hot showers after a long day

21. Sitting outside of a popular restaurant and people watching

22. Trying on clothes in the store and they fit perfectly

23. "Meet me outside in 10, we are going on an adventure!”

24. Handwritten letters

25. Mom and Dad