25 Songs To Celebrate The End Of Summer

25 Songs To Celebrate The End Of Summer

If you are throwing an end-of-summer bash, these songs need to be on your party playlist.

3349
25 Songs To Celebrate The End Of Summer
onTarget

Summer break is wistfully coming to a close, and the upcoming academic term looms around the corner, confirming its unwelcome arrival through any means possible. The "back to school" section at Target has been up and running for at least a month, haunting people like me who simply want to buy groceries or check out the shoe sales. Brochures from Kohl's and Bed, Bath and Beyond have landed in hundreds of mailboxes to entice college students into buying items that will "spruce up" their dorm rooms. Many enthusiastic parents have swarmed the mall with their kids in tow for back-to-school shopping, as if everything they already own has gone out of style and is no longer acceptable for the next grade.

However, before summer slips from our clingy fingers, we want to treasure its fleeting moments by holding end-of-summer celebrations, whether they are in the form of a large house party, an intimate gathering, or a family BBQ. These celebrations provide a desperately needed sense of closure as students transition from reading for pleasure to reading for English class and from late nights partying to late nights studying. Such festivities often embrace an atmosphere of bliss, excitement and hints of nostalgia, an atmosphere reinforced by the type of music streaming through the speakers. Therefore, I have compiled an eclectic playlist of 25 songs that will be sure to generate those positive vibes and high spirits necessary for any end-of-summer celebration.

1. "Closer" by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey

From the EDM duo that brought you the hit song "Don't Let Me Down" featuring Daya, "Closer" is their new release, this time spotlighting Halsey's angelic, sweet voice.

2. "Electric Love" by BØRNS

I recently saw "Nerve" and not only became obsessed with the movie but also its soundtrack, which includes this 2015 song by BØRNS and the next two songs I have listed by MØ and Melanie Martinez, respectively.

3. "Kamikaze" by MØ

4. "Soap" by Melanie Martinez

5. "Sit Still, Look Pretty" by Daya

6. "Cheap Thrills" by Sia

7. "Hurt Me" by Låpsley

8. "Roman Holiday" by Halsey

9. "Tikka" by Scott Helman

10. "Marvin Gaye" by Charlie Puth ft. Meghan Trainor

11. "The Sound" by The 1975

12. "Best Fake Smile" by James Bay

13. "Holding On To You" by twenty one pilots

14. "Technicolour Beat" by Oh Wonder

15. "4AM" by HUNTAR

16. "Cold Water" by Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber and MØ

17. "Heathens" by twenty one pilots

18. "California" by Grimes

19. "Water Under the Bridge" by Adele

20. "A Sky Full Of Stars" by Coldplay

21. "End of the World" by Hunter Hunted

22. "Chocolate" by The 1975

23. "Gold" by Kiiara

24. "I Lived" by OneRepublic

25. "Mama Said" by Lukas Graham

Make sure to check out the Spotify playlist I created for these songs: End of Summer. Cherish these last few days of summer and enjoy the music!